Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Fishing on a HodgePodge



Join up with Joyce over at From This Side of the Pond and answer the questions!
      1. Have you ever been fishing? Did you catch a fish? If so did you keep it or throw it back? If you haven't been fishing is that something you'd like to try?

I have been fishing a few times and I’ve caught a few fish!  I live with a man who loves to fish!!  We actually received matching fishing reels as a wedding gift!  Sometime this last year, I went down to the farm with Mark and he fished and I rode in the boat and took pictures!  One of my favorite pictures of all times is Mark with our children when they were really young and they have fish they had caught!




Fish out of water, big fish in a small pond, living in a fishbowl, packed in like sardines, this is a fine kettle of fish, plenty of fish in the sea, or cut bait...which fishy phrase most recently applies to some area of your life?

Right now, I’m a little bit like a fish out of water.  I am not a crier . . .but I just watched this week’s episode of This Is Us and I am weeping like a baby.  If I were a brave woman, I would post the selfie I just took of my ugly crying face!  I’m not that brave!

2. What's something you're always fishing for in your purse, wallet, desk, or kitchen junk drawer?

I’m ALWAYS fishing for my keys.  I love my purse and I even bought a purse organizer to go inside my purse so that I wouldn’t lose my keys.  I still have to hunt!  I try to keep my junk drawers fairly organized . . . .my desk still has things from the previous occupant!



3. Your favorite fish tale or movie?

I love the Little Mermaid.  Does that count?

4. Are you sunrise, daylight, twilight or night? Explain why you chose your answer.

Do I have to pick just one???  I love sunrise.  I’ve posted a million and one sunrise pictures on facebook, etc.  I also love twilight!  I especially love twilight at the beach or when we are at the lake.  It is like everything slows down and things become peaceful.




5. What's the oldest piece of clothing you own and still wear?
I have a couple of “walking shirts” that are pretty old.
  Mark says I don’t need to wear them out in public!


6. We've got one more month of (officially) winter here in the Northern hemisphere. Are you feeling the need for a getaway? What's been the best and worst part of your winter so far?
I would love a get-away to some tropical island.
  We haven’t had much cold weather here this year but I’m ready for some major sunshine. 


7.  The Wednesday Hodgepodge lands on National Margarita Day...will you be celebrating? Frozen or on the rocks? Are you a Jimmy Buffet fan? If so, what's your favorite JB tune?
Thank you for asking.
  I love Margaritas and had one at dinner tonight!  My Margarita was on the rocks tonight but I like frozen also!  I prefer a top shelf Margarita!!



8.  Insert your own random thought here.http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/FromThisSideOfThePond/~4/ubpxMM2oh6I?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email

See my answer above about the fish out of water . . .and the crying . . .and This Is Us.  I love that TV show!  Have you watched it?  When Mark and I watch TV together, we tend to watch comedy or a sporting event or Booze Traveler or Andrew Zimmern.  This show has me hooked and I watch it by myself - either while riding the stationary bike or after he goes to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment