Thursday, January 6, 2011

Time is moving too fast ...

I can't believe it . . .a week from tomorrow will be the rehearsal and the rehearsal dinner. A week from Saturday my baby boy will be getting married. I guess he is not a baby boy if he is getting married, is he? How could I possibly be old enough to have a "child" who is old enough to get married? Preparations are being made . . .placecards have been written . . .bows are being tied . . .mutliple emails between me and Glenn and me and Lauren and me and the lady at Cafe' Dupont. I haven't been stressed at all until this week and I must admit that I'm stressed. End of year stuff and first of year stuff at work . . .and wedding stuff. I can't imagine being the mother of the bride. Who knew there were so many details? I guess there were this many details back in 1984 when Mark and I married but I don't remember them!!

I've had emails and phone calls from friends offering to "do" anything to help. I appreciate those friends so much. I just can't seem to think far enough ahead to delegate anything! How odd that is - I am such a listmaker . . .and I have no list right now.

2 comments:

  1. I know it's going to be a wonderful rehearsal dinner! And you will make a great mother-in-law.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine how stressful planning a wedding for your child must be. Wish you lots of lucks and I'm sure the rehearsal and dinner will go just fine.

    Happy belated New Year!

    ReplyDelete