Monday, September 4, 2023

Odds and Ends

Here are just some odds and ends from my phone!
We had a staff "retreat" at work -- we worked together all day and have plans in place for ministry through January. The pastors have sermon series planned through next summer. Our meeting was in our Children's Gathering Space and it is such a cool room.


Bio 102 has begun and it is hard. I watched a video yesterday of a guy explaining how to uses the Hardy Weinberg method and he was doing the video for folks trying to take the MCAT to get into medical school. If those folks sometimes struggle with this . . .I actually feel much better.


I used my sister-in-law's recipe for Mac and Cheese for the young adults. It is a good recipe!


I snapped a photo of last Tuesday night's meal. We've been feeding between 15-20 most weeks. We served Honey Baked Smoked Turkey Breast, mac and cheese, green beans, salad, and rolls. A group of friends provides dessert each week and we served homemade brownies.


As I was leaving for work one day last week, the sun was shining into the courtyard. I looked and there was a massive spider web. I don't particularly like spiders BUT their handiwork amazes me. If you look VERY closely, you can see what looks like stitches (sewing). Hint- the stitches begin near the bottom left quarter of the photo. A tiny (not so tiny) spider made this gorgeous hand stitched web.


 

2 comments:

  1. Spiders are pretty amazing with their handiwork! I admire birds and their nests, as well. The food looks great!! Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We haven't bothered Mr. Spider and his web is still amazing!

      Delete