Sunday, September 10, 2023

Memories

I've been working in "my" room - my office, my craft space, my she cave . . .whatever you want to call it. I've stopped a few times to flip through photos and remember. There are photos of the kids when they were little. There are photos of Mark and me as newlyweds. There are photos of the granddaughters and of weddings.

The photo below is not an old photo. It is one that I took a few days ago. It is an eye patch, a Bible study handout on the gospel of Mark, and my notebook that tells me everything I have to do each day. The date on the page is July 9, 2022. The notepad was on the kitchen island and you probably can't see it, but it has been wet . . . . and then dried.

I'm writing this for me -- because I want to remember the kindness of so many people and the goodness of God. You can tell that the Bible study handout has been wet. It was IN MY BIBLE. The Bible was not wet at all. The notebook had regular things on my to-do list - do this and do that. This is to remind me that everything can change in the blink of an eye or the flash of a bolt of lightning. The eye patch is a reminder of the kindness of people - those who drove me places, the kind doctors, those who fed us, and gave us money and gift cards, the Hoover fire fighters, our neighbors . . . the list goes on an on.

I hope I never have to live through anything like July of last year (plus the next 12 months) again but I don't want to ever forget.

We are almost to the point of seeing blessings in all of it. 


2 comments:

  1. A lovely post. Of course you will always remember. Thank you for sharing your journey with us, Lisa. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Powerful visual, Lisa! Oh, how far you've come!

    ReplyDelete