Wednesday, September 27, 2023

It's a Hodgepodge in a hurry . . .

I'm joining up with Joyce and friends for the Wednesday Hodgepodge!

1. It's officially fall y'all. In the northern hemisphere anyway. Any signs of it where you are? What's your favorite thing about this time of year. 

Well, it is was 90 degrees here today so it was not very fall-like. This past weekend I worked/attended our Women's Retreat and we woke up to two beautiful mornings of pleasantly cool temps. We had a hint of fall! I love to hear the leaves crunch under my feet and I love all of the fall colors!

2. Have you visited any "falls" in person? Tell us about one of your favorites? Of the following top ten famous falls which would you most like to see in person? Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe/Zambia), Igazu Falls (Argentina/Brazil), Niagara Falls (US/Canada), Angel Falls (Venezuela), Yosemite Falls (California), Dettifoss (Iceland) Kaieteur Falls (Guyana), Plitvice Waterfalls (Croatia), Gullfoss-Golden Falls (Iceland), or Sutherland Falls (New Zealand)

I have visited a few water falls over the years. I'm pretty sure we went to see some falls in Hawaii but that was a million years ago. There are falls in the Preserve right across the road. I have been there but not in a few years. That is sad since they are right across the road!! I would love to see ALL of the falls on the list. 

3. What's something you'll miss about summer? 

I LOVE the long days with lots of daylight. The short days with not enough sunlight make me sad.

4. A favorite fall recipe? 

Yum! I love Pumpkin roll (but I don't eat it anymore). I love any and all soups. I love Thanksgiving food -- Turkey and dressing is one of my faves. Actually, the dressing and gravy would be my favorite. I love the winter squashes roasted.

5. Something you enjoy but lately have allowed it to "fall by the wayside"? 

I love to blog but haven't slowed down long enough to write much. 

6. Insert your own random thought here. I need to do a photo dump and just make it an extra long post and catch up!! Also, would y'all like to see pictures of the repaired house? We don't have any rugs yet and we don't have a lot of artwork. We also need a piece of furniture for the entry hall. I need to get busy. When it is all finished, I'll show y'all some photos if you are interested. I should do a "burned out room" photo and a "new room" photo so you can truly see the difference.

14 comments:

  1. The early dark days make me sad, also. I need my daylight! Pumpkin rolls...so yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I too get sad about the darker evenings. Too early for that! And yeah, I think we all want to see your finished repairs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hate it when it is totally dark when I leave work!

      Delete
  3. Yes, I'd love to see photos of the house. I think it will be a consensus on the Hodgepodge today that we will all miss the longer days. I love Thanksgiving food - leftovers in a panini are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard about Thanksgiving leftover paninis - yum! I need to try that!

      Delete
  4. I don't think I've ever tasted a pumpkin roll! I'd love to see more imags of your home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pumpkin roll is almost enough to make me go back to eating sugar!

      Delete
  5. I'd love to see house pictures!! I love Thanksgiving food too and it might be my favorite holiday. I like the emphasis on gratitude, family, and it's one of the few that haven't been overly commercialized. We have only recently made a point of getting out to a lot of the falls near us. Some of the hikes are more than I want to do, and a few you can only get to by boat, but the rest we will try to tackle. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, pumpkin roll, that sounds like I need to check out that recipe. Yum.
    Thanksgiving dinner is a favorite of mine as well. My mom makes the best dressing. I do miss my grandma's cranberries, no one can replicate it.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you attended a retreat. I haven't been to one in years. I am going to miss the long days of light too. I agree with your turkey and dressing. Will enjoy seeing those photos when you share them. Hope your weekend is going well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The retreat was amazing! I hope you are having a great Saturday!

      Delete
  8. I enjoyed your answers. I agree, I 'll miss the long days. I never got around to commenting on last weeks posts and figured I needed to play catch up. I hate posting and then not commenting. Uggh. We'll see if I get around to posting this week. I feel like blogging and commenting have fallen by my wayside too

    ReplyDelete