Saturday, June 17, 2023

Sunday Stealing

 It is time for Sunday Stealing - thanks to Bev for stealing the questions from the internet:

1) What is your favorite way to spend a lazy day? I could answer this question in a million different ways depending on my mood. Today, it would be fun to be at a water park with a lazy river. I would be floating all day on the lazy river sipping an ice cold beverage!!

2) What do you look forward to every week? I look forward to Tuesday nights when the young professionals descend (actually ascend) upon our apartment to eat, hang out, and study together.

3) Name three pet peeves you currently have: I may need to lump it all together – bad drivers!

4) If you were to win an all expense paid vacation for two weeks to anywhere in the world, where would you choose to go? What are some of the things you would like to experience while you were there? I think I would choose Australia and New Zealand and I would want to experience as much as possible. This is another one of those questions where I could have multiple answers because there are so many places I still want to visit.

5) What was one of your favorite toys as a kid? Did you save any special things from your childhood that you still have today? I had a stuffed monkey who had a tiny banana in his hand. I evidently chewed on that banana until there was very little left. I also loved my bike. We rode bikes all of the time. I have a little green dress that I wore in a wedding when I was a flower girl. I’m not sure if I have anything else.

6) What is your favorite holiday? What is your least favorite holiday? I love Thanksgiving – everything about it. I love the fall colors, the food, and the fellowship around the table. I don’t know if I have a least favorite. I also love Halloween because we go all out in our neighborhood.

7) Have you ever met anyone famous? What concerts have you attended? Well, I didn’t meet him but Matthew McCaunaghay has been all over Alabama filming a movie. His entourage used our parking lot one day this week. We didn’t see him but the next day, he was spotted in another parking lot. I was disappointed we didn’t see him. I’ve been to several concerts over the years. One of the most fun was when I was young and it was homecoming weekend at a nearby University . . .and I went on a date to see the Beach Boys.

8) Are there any expressions that people use that really annoy you? If so, what are they? I must not be annoyed by any today because I can’t think of any. When I read all of your answers, I’ll shake my head and probably agree.

9) Do you like your name? Are you named after anyone? Is there a story how you got your name? Would you change it if you could? If so, what name would you give yourself? I like my name. I don’t think there is a story. I probably wouldn’t change it but I remember wanting to change it when I was younger!!

10) It is said that it's the little things that make life worth living. Name five of those little things in your life (some are big but I just had to list them . . .and a few are silly and small)

               i. my family (this is huge – not little)

               ii. our friends (same thing – not little)

               iii. diet pepsi (love it . . . and this is little)

               iv. sunshine and blue skies

               v. a good frozen margarita

9 comments:

  1. Re - holidays - I would say Christmas is my favourite. We don't have Thanksgiving across the pond but we have others that you don't.

    Also, the word "fall" still has the power to confuse me as in "I love the fall colors". I can see why you call it "fall" but I think Autumn sounds better.

    ;o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must agree that Autumn sounds better. I have no idea why we call it "fall" -- maybe because the leaves change colors and fall from the trees?? I should research that.

      Delete
  2. Fun answers! I agree with bad drivers! Wishing you a good week ahead!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't mention Australia or New Zealand, but I'd go if I had enough time. It's a long way from upstate NY.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Australia and New Zealand are a long way from Alabama, too.

      Delete
  4. Sunshine and blue skies are indeed wonderful. Unless one needs rain because of drought.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought about saying New Zealand as well. And yes to sunshine and blue skies! We do not have that today and I am sad.

    ReplyDelete