Sunday, June 25, 2023

I Can't Pick Favorites . . .Sunday Stealing

I'm joining up with Sunday Stealing and I didn't spend a lot of time on these answers today. I mention this below, but I am not good at picking favorites!

1. Would you rather ride a bike, ride a horse, or drive a car? I drive a car every day. I have ridden a horse a few times (Smoky Mountains, Hawaii, and maybe a couple of other places). I rode my bike everywhere when I was a kid and now I ride my stationary bike every day. I like them all but I guess I would rather drive a car simply because it gets me there quickly.

 

2. Who is your favorite author? I don’t have a favorite. I love so many different authors!!

 

3. Would you rather vacation in Hawaii or Alaska, and why? I’ve never been to Alaska so I’m going to pick Alaska . . .but I much prefer a beach vacation and Hawaii is beautiful with lots of beaches.

 

4. If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to? I really wouldn’t want to erase any of my life. Only because I’m having to study so hard in Biology . . .I might go back to 1976 and go straight to college or 1984 (when we got married) and continue taking classes. Our brains at 65 seem to have to work harder to retain information.

 

5.  What's your favorite zoo animal? I love all of the big cats!

 

6.  What's the tallest building you've been to the top of? I have no idea. For years, I worked on the 10th floor of a building downtown. The express elevator made me motion sick for the first six months I worked there!! I’ve been to restaurants on the top floor of buildings before. I honestly have no idea what is the tallest building I’ve visited.

 

7. How often do you buy clothes? I buy clothes when I see something I want. Sometimes I buy clothes because I need them when items wear out.  I buy 99% (guesstimate) of my clothes online. I don’t enjoy shopping in the mall/stores anymore.

 

8. What was the last thing you recorded on TV? We’ve been living in a rental apartment for the last year so we have rental TV’s and we’ve recorded nothing.

 

9.  What was the last book you read? Right now, I have a book on my phone I’m reading and a different book on my kindle I’m reading PLUS I’ve been reading Concepts of Biology quite often.

 

10. What's your favorite type of foreign food? I am not good at picking favorites but I think Mexican would be my favorite . . .and I don’t really think of it as foreign 😊.

 

11. What kitchen appliance do you use every day? I probably use the microwave every day.

 

12. How old were you when you learned Santa wasn't real? How did you find out? I’m embarrassed but I think I believed until I was 10 or 12. Of course, another kid in the neighborhood said, “seriously? You still believe in Santa?” I’m pretty sure I replied that my parents told me that when you stop believing, he stops coming. I do remember doubting before then.

 

13.  What was your favorite subject in school? I loved English over all of the years but I also loved BOE (Business Office Education). I was fascinated with Shorthand and Typing and loved both of those. In college (first time around), I loved Spanish and wish I had kept it up. This college go-around, I’ve loved Sociology.

 

14. What's the most unusual thing you've ever eaten? My family ate mayonnaise on corn on the cob rather than butter. I was a young adult before I found out that other people put butter on their corn! I don’t know that I could eat it that way now.

 

15. What's your favorite family recipe? The recipe I use the most is brown sugar brownies (my mother-in-law’s recipe). Mark has been using her recipe this summer to make homemade cooked custard ice cream.

15 comments:

  1. Brown sugar brownies sound yummy. I remain impressed that you've returned to college.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you shouldn't be impressed until I finish :-)

      Delete
  2. I can't imagine mayonnaise on corn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I could eat it now. My parents have both been dead so long that I have no idea why we ate it that way. I did see a recipe for Mexican corn recently that had mayo in the mixture that you put on the corn.

      Delete
  3. I liked shorthand and typing, although I didn't intend to work in anybody's office. The typing has come in handy, but I've forgotten most of the shorthand. I made good grades in that class, although the teacher had me read some of my work to her because I'm a sloppy writer and she couldn't understand it. She asked me to read it to her once, and said that's all that mattered... as long as I knew what it said, it was fine. Of course now, shorthand is obsolete.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shorthand is definitely obsolete but I did love it way back when!

      Delete
  4. I DO like the big cats. But mayo on corn? Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roger - I don't think I could eat it that way now.

      Delete
  5. Brown sugar brownies sound too too good! I liked sociology too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. BOE, yessss! I loved both typing and shorthand, and in fact, went to state finals my senior year. Chuckling, b/c today's young people would be going, "You went where and did WHAT?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so cool that you went to state finals!!

      Delete
  7. I enjoyed your answers and I like the big cats best, too!! Wishing you a good week ahead!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have heard of mayo on corn; it's not too weird to me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. #13: I forgot those "office" classes! Shorthand came very easily to me, and since I'm inherently lazy I enjoyed it alot.

    ReplyDelete