Monday, June 5, 2023

Sunday Stealing

 1. What are your plans for June? We went to a wedding this weekend. I will celebrate my birthday this month! We are going to go stay with my daughter and son-in-law for a couple of days to take care of granddaughter while daughter has a procedure. We are hopefully moving back into our house at the end of the month or the beginning of July.

2. Your mid-year resolutions or goals . . . I’m taking Biology 101 this semester and they know way more now than they did back in the early 1970’s when I first took Biology. Oh my goodness. My goal is to make it through this semester without wrecking my gradepoint.

3. Are you good at taking care of plants? Nope. I’m glad that my husband is.

4. What makes you feel nourished? Time with friends and family and lots of laughter nourishes my spirit. Time in worship nourishes my soul. A good meal with people I love nourishes my body.

5. Which animals do you see most in your area? We have beavers and otters at the farm. Closer to home, we see a few foxes. Every once in a while, someone will spot a bobcat. We see coyotes. At our previous house, we actually had a coyote walk down our street one day! We see lots of possums. Sometimes we see deer. We, of course, see lots of dogs and cats. We even see some bunnies and some armadillos.

6. Books on your summer reading list . . .whatever pops up next on my kindle!

7. Projects you want to tackle this summer. . .this is beginning to sound like a broken record even to me . . .move back into our house.

8. Do you have weddings, graduations, summer celebrations? We went to one wedding in May and we went to one this past weekend. I don’t know if we have any more weddings this summer. I don’t think we have any more graduations. My birthday is in June and one of my brother-in-law’s birthday is in June and we will celebrate on Father’s Day. Mark’s birthday is in August and I think we host supper club in August (maybe??).

9. Which summer snacks are you excited to enjoy again? I love watermelon and fresh peaches and fresh tomatoes!!

10. How much time do you like to take for vacations? I would love to take a week at the beach but we can’t figure out how to make it work this year.

11. How much has changed since last summer? Our whole world has been turned upside down since last summer. Some things remain the same – the love we share, our basic beliefs, our friends, our wonderful kids and their kids.

12. Something that would be out of character for you. . .At this stage of the game, I would NOT/will NOT be wearing a bikini so that would definitely be out of character!

13. What do you miss about winter? I don’t know if I miss anything about winter!

14. Your favorite free / cost effective ways to have fun. . .we went to the Arboretum in Auburn this weekend and it was free and lovely. I’m going to blog about it in my weekend recap. We have a neighborhood pool and I love to go paddle around and soak up some sun. I love to hang out and laugh with friends and family.

15. Who do you trust most to house & pet sit? We have been blessed with good house sitters because of hosting the young professionals every Tuesday night. Our current pet/house sitter is Kate and we love her
This is Harvey . . .he is our rescue . . .
and he has a bad eye but it doesn't
hurt and he can see!

Kate sent us these two pictures
this weekend while we
were out of town!


4 comments:

  1. Enjoyable answers, I should join in sometime but I seem to run out of time. :o)) Hope you have a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I run out of time, too. I think my 24 hours should last longer some days :-)

      Delete
  2. happy birthday. my wife and I went to a wedding in France last month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really enjoying your posts about your trip to France! I just read today's Sunday Stealing and saw the picture of the bride.

      Delete