Saturday, June 10, 2023

Sunday Stealing

 

*Have you tried anything new this year? I’m taking Biology 101 right now and it seems pretty new to me!

 

*What would you do if you don’t have wifi for a week? Since I’m taking an on-line class (see above), I would be up a creek without a paddle without wifi. I couldn’t do my job without wifi, either. If work or school wasn’t an issue, I would love to read and talk with friends.

 

*Do you like summer, why or why not? Yes, I love the long days! When we get up at 5:00, it is almost daylight and it is still daylight until about 8:15.

 

*What’s one restaurant that you like in your city? what food do they sell? I live in a “foodie town” so I can get excellent cuisine anytime I want it. We have Hot and Hot and Blueprint on Third. We have Bricktops and Perry’s. We have Pita Stop for kebabs and hummus and falafel. The list goes on and on.

 

*Do you prefer digital book or real paper book? For pleasure, I enjoy reading on my kindle. For studying, I prefer a paper book.

 

*What’s one thing that you are interested to buy, but it’s a bit expensive, so you haven’t bought yet? We are going to have to buy several pieces of furniture. We are looking but haven’t purchased yet.

 

*What tea brands do you like? I don’t drink a lot of tea. I actually have one glass of unsweetened decaffeinated iced tea every Sunday at lunch.

 

*What’s one food that you can binge eat a lot? I try not to binge eat. It is easy to eat too many nuts or popcorn or sugar free fudge pops. Before I lost 50+ pounds (over the last 5 or so years), I would eat way too many cookies or chips.

 

*Write one random thing that happened to you this month. One day last week, a friend was telling me about an unusual potato salad she made that was delicious. On Friday night, we went to dinner at another friend’s house (who doesn’t know the first friend) and she served that exact same potato salad. What are the odds of that happening?

 

*How many long-term penpals do you have right now? (people who pen pal with you for more than 3 years) I haven’t had a penpal in many years. I did have one through middle and high school and we kept up with each other when our kids were little. She and her husband divorced and I have no idea where she is now.

 

*If you own a small food trailer, what food do you want to sell? I would want to sell something that was easy to make but could turn a profit. I make excellent Brown Sugar Brownies – that might work.

 

*What’s one handmade gift that you received and really liked? I loved to get gifts from my kids that they made. Glenn made a table for our porch that I love but I also loved those crafty things they made in pre-school and elementary school.

 

*What’s your ideal Saturday like? I would like to sleep until around 7:00 a.m. I would like to go to the neighborhood pool and float around all day and have pizza delivered and have a friend with whom to chat. That would be my “simple” ideal Saturday. A more elaborate one would be to wake up on an island somewhere with a white sand beach and have a server bring me frozen drinks all day (that wouldn’t make me gain weight). I would enjoy having my friends and family around and for everyone to be happy and healthy.

 

*What things do you like to buy on Etsy? I haven’t purchased many things on Etsy but I have one item sitting in my office right now that I need to wrap for Mark for Father’s Day. I’ll tell you about it later 😊

 

*What kind asian food do you like? I make a killer Asian Slaw - - I actually made it and took it to our friend’s house on Friday night. I also like Chinese food (Americanized). Mark loves Thai food and he loves Sushi.

5 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your answers! Your brownies sound delicious! Have a good week ahead and hope the wifi stays on for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of frozen drinks all day that do not make one gain weight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My wife made potato salad for a picnic yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is kind of funny about the potato salad! And I don't know why i didn't say sushi for my Asian answer; I love it! If/when my son finally gets a job, I promised he and I would go out for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. At the moment, dawn is at about 4:30 and the sunsets at about 9:30. I love these long days.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete