Here you go:
1. Three things on your spring bucket list? If you don't have an actual list that's fine, pretend you do.
I don't have a bucket list JUST for spring - I have a big bucket list!
1. See the Northern Lights - definitely not going to happen this spring
2. Do a Zip Line -- might happen this spring -- I think I'll wait until after the wedding though JUST in case!
3. Enjoy every moment of our dear daughter's wedding festivities
2. Where do you find rest? What restores your soul? When was the last time you did whatever it was you answered here?
I truly love the beach but when I can't get to the beach, I love to lie out on the dock of our friend's lake house and soak up the sun deep into my bones. Yes, I wear sunscreen. I know that I should say "church" but I think since I work there during the week and teach on Sunday mornings . . .sometimes I don't find soul restoration on Sunday morning but I did this past week. We sang a new song (to me) - Glorious Day - and I felt like I was filling up from the tip of my toes all the way to the top of my head.
3. April is National Celery Month. Who knew? Do you like celery? What's your favorite dish made with celery? On a veggie and dip platter which would you reach for first-carrot sticks, celery sticks, cucumbers or cherry tomatoes?
Who knew there was a month for celery?? Joyce evidently knew! I like celery dipped in ranch dressing or stuffed with cream cheese and olives. I also like celery in chicken salad - chopped very small. I love all of those veggies on my veggie and dip platter but would probably eat the cherry tomatoes last . . .they have a tendency to squirt juice and seeds on my clothes! Could be operator issues. I don't know.
4. I read here eight things to do before 8 am to make your day less hectic-Start one load of laundry, drink water, empty the dishwasher, read your Bible, know what you're having for dinner, get dressed, brain dump (two lists-one what you're thankful for and one what's weighing on your mind), and after the brain dump make your to-list for the day
How many of these are you currently doing? Which one do you think would help the most if you added it to your early morning routine?
I usually do a load of laundry. On good days, I drink a glass of water. Lots of days I JUST drink diet pepsi.
I empty the dishwasher. I usually read my Bible but I have been lax lately - I need to start again. There are just two of us at home these days so dinner plans are usually not elaborate but I do like to plan ahead and know what I'm preparing. Of course, I get dressed every single day. I don't remember the last time I lounged in pj's all day - I was probably sick a couple of years ago!! I don't brain dump but that sounds like a good idea! I do make a list - every day!
5. Describe the view from your window.
It is sunny outside and I can see the hummingbird feeder and our porch and courtyard area AND I see lots of pollen.
6. Insert your own random thought here - I attended one of the wedding showers for my daughter on Sunday and I met her friends from her previous small group. They were all just the young women you would want your daughter to associate and they hosted such a lovely party. Wedding is four weeks and a couple of days away!
|We had already devoured the food!|
|Laura and her friends|
Laura and the hostesses from her small group
plus cute Sawyer
the two of us
I have no idea what
my hair was doing
it was pouring rain when
we left for church
at 8:00 am and then after
worship I taught Sunday School and
then drove 2 hours to be at the shower
You can tell!
Laura and her future mother-in-law
As a mother, I'm so happy that
her mother-in-law loves her already!