Today is Wednesday so it is HodgePodge Day!! Copy and paste the questions into your blog, answer, and link up with Joyce at From This Side of the Pond.
1. When's the last time you had a heart to heart talk with someone? I feel like I have lots of heart to heart chats because of my job (both paid/church staff employee and non-paid/Adult Sunday School teacher. A change of heart? I'm not sure I remember the last "change of heart" experience - I'll have to think on that one. Experienced figurative 'heart failure?' Thank goodness I've never had actual heart problems! I experienced a moment of "heart failure" in the Tel Aviv airport last week. I went through security and was cleared. I got in line at United and the man told me that I had to also check my carry-on because the flight was full. He then informed me that I had to go back to security for another luggage tag. When I finished, I turned around and there was no one from our group within my sight lines. I had to wander for a few minutes and read signs and actually asked a young man "do you speak English?" to find my way around. Then when I went through the "purse" security line, they pulled me out and made me take my phone out of my bag and swabbed it for explosives/gun powder residue. Even though I knew that they wouldn't find anything, it does make your heart stop for just a moment.
2. Champagne, chocolates, flowers...what's your Valentine pleasure? I gave up eating desserts a year ago this month so no chocolate, please. I do love flowers but the way to my heart is a pedicure gift certificate . . .and that is what I received! Any special plans for the day? Today is also Ash Wednesday and I work in a church so I'll be attending the Ash Wednesday service tonight - do those count as special plans??
3. Are you a hopeless romantic or do you fall more in the category of practical and pragmatic? I love a good love story - does that make me a romantic? In reality, I probably fall into the practical and pragmatic camp but I'm going to pretend that I'm a hopeless romantic. What's a gesture you find romantic? Since I'm having a hard time answering this question, I guess that does mean I'm practical!
4. Do you ask a lot of questions in life or are you pretty content with what you already know? I'm a talker and I ask way too many questions, I'm sure! I love to learn and how do you learn without questions?? I LOVE google - I ask questions on google ALL DAY LONG!
5. Your favorite power ballad? Speaking of asking questions, I'm ashamed to admit that I just asked google, "what is a power ballad?" I'm pretty sure I still don't understand so since this is a post about Valentine kind of stuff, I'm going to tell you a song that I like - it is on my airplane play list so I've listened to it about 15 times over the last two weeks . . .and this isn't even my normal genre of music -- When I Was Your Man by Bruno Mars. It's not a power ballad, is it? (this is one of the definitions on google so maybe it is a power ballad -- "Sentimental ballads, also known as pop ballads, rock ballads or power ballads, are an emotional style of music that often deal with romantic and intimate relationships"
6. Insert your own random thought here.
I would love to blog about my Israel trip - it was awesome! I'm trying to determine what I'm going to blog about in the A to Z April Challenge so I don't want to blog about Israel until I decide if I'm going to use it then!! I'll leave you with a picture of the person who has my heart (in addition to my children and husband!!)