1. Have you ever been to and/or lived near the desert? What did you think? Travel and Leisure lists the 'coolest' American desert towns as- Palm Springs CA, Virgina City NE, Bend OR, Winslow AZ, Marfa TX, Grand Junction CO, Silver City NM, Moab UT, Taos NM, Yakima WA, Borrego Springs CA, Terlingua TX, and St. George UT, and Tubac AZ Have you been to any of these? Would you like to visit a desert town? Which on the list would you most like to see?
I've never lived anywhere but in the state of Alabama and we don't have any deserts!! I just asked Mark (hubby) if we have ever been to a desert . . .He reminded me that we have been to Red Rock Canyon -- The unique geologic features, plants and animals of Red Rock represent some of the best examples of the Mojave Desert. We also been to The Kaʻū Desert which is a leeward desert in the district of Kaʻū, the southernmost district on the Big Island of Hawaii, and is made up mostly of dried lava remnants, volcanic ash, sand and gravel. The desert covers an area of the Kīlauea Volcano along the Southwest rift zone. The area lacks any vegetation, mainly due to acid rainfall. (copied that right off Wikipedia)
2. What's a plan or project you've deserted in the past year?
I've probably started an "eating healthy project" at least 12 times this year (a million in my lifetime). I guess I desert due to dessert (argh!!) - actually, I love salty as much or more than sweet. I don't think I've deserted any other projects . . .I did think that I might sew for our new granddaughter but that hasn't happened.
3. Desert-dessert? Share two or three words you find yourself having to think twice about when it comes to spelling.
Hawaii; vacuum; broccoli
4. High and dry, like watching paint dry, dry run, dry as dust, not a dry eye in the house...which phrase can you relate to currently? Explain.
I'm going with dry as dust simply because I have lots of allergies and dust (mites) are a big allergen.
5. How often do you frequent the dry cleaners? Starch or no starch?
I have several "dry clean only" dresses. We also send out all of Mark's dress shirts to the dry cleaners - medium starch on a hanger. We are so spoiled. We have a dry cleaner that picks up our bag of clothes straight from our front porch and returns them a few days later.
6. What's a food or beverage you enjoy that's named for a place?
My current obsession is the Moscow Mule. My friend, Jan, shared a taste with me last December and it has been my "go to" drink all year. I love my copper mugs!
7. Do you need solitude?
YES! YES! YES! I am an extrovert with introverted tendencies. I love people. I love hanging out with friends. I love my co-workers and the interactions (most of the interactions). I have found over the last few years that I need some solitude to re-charge. We were at the beach last week and Mark, Glenn, Lauren, and Emma went to the beach every morning . . . I, on the other hand, spent the morning at the pool BY MYSELF.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I CANNOT believe that fall is here. I really need to get to the Farmer's Market this weekend and buy some pumpkins and some fall flowers. We were at the beach last week and it was so hot that we had a hard time staying outside . . .tonight, it is already 65 degrees and it is going down to 52.