I was really busy last week. Every day I wrote "blog" on my to-do list and every day, I drew an arrow to the next day. I'm pretty sure that the link is closed where I can connect up with other hodge podgers and Joyce is taking a break from her questions this week . . .so what the heck?? Here is last week's:
1. Are there any men or women in blue on your family tree?
I almost said "no" . . .but I think my first cousin's son (does that mean he is my second cousin?) is a sheriff.
2. Are you someone who suffers from the Sunday night blues? What helps you get over it?
I suffer from it a little - simply because I always have more to do than I have time. I am VERY blessed because I get to go to work in an awesome environment and work with people that I really enjoy. Of course, there are some days that aren't so great . . but that is life!! Several other members of our family suffer mightily from Sunday night blues.
3. I read the color blue is an appetite suppressant since there are very few naturally blue foods out there. How do you feel about blue cheese? Love it or blech? If you're a fan, what's something you like that's made with blue cheese?
I used to detest Blue Cheese but a local restaurant makes this incredible salad -- great greens, blue cheese, toasted pecans that have a sweet/spicy taste, strawberries, and I like to add chicken. The dressing has a hint of "bite" in it. I really enjoy blue cheese on that salad! Here is a link to the recipe.
4. We can't head in to the Labor Day weekend without a related question, can we? Complete this thought: I work best when____________________.
Well, Labor Day is sadly over. How can that be??? I work best when I have a little pressure. I set deadlines for myself. I also work "ahead" - I can't stand to be trying to figure something out at the last minute - unless I'm teamed up with someone who works really well at that point - then it is ok!
5. 'Everything yields to diligence.' Antiphanes Your thoughts? (on this particular quote or on diligence in general)
I'm going to skip this question for now. I may . . .or may not come back to it! After much thought, I think that MOST things yield to diligence. I think if I'm diligent in my walking and eating healthier, the goal of better health will be met. But I think there are some things - maybe a job search? - where you can be diligent but unable to find employment . . .not sure that is a good example, because I guess you could get a job at McDonald's. I'm going to ponder this one some more. I would love to hear thoughts from others. I need to read what other people have said on this one.
6. The National Park Service turned 100 years old on August 25th. Have you been to many of America's National Parks? If so share with us a favorite or two. Which National Park would you most like to visit before the next birthday rolls around?
I've been to Red Rock Canyon in Nevada - I just looked it up and it is a National Conservation Area . . .not quite a national park. I've also been to Garden of the Gods in Denver but I looked it up and it is a National Natural Landmark. I was beginning to panic thinking that I had never been to a National Park so I looked up the list - whew! I've been to the Great Smokey Mountains National Park! I've even been to two national parks in Hawaii!!
7. Bid farewell to August in seven words or less.
Bye Bye - see you next year!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I'm making The Best Lasagna Ever by the Pioneer woman for our young adults tonight. It is such a good recipe!! I think it is the combination of the meats and the slices of cheese that make it so yummy!!