Yesterday, I was digging around in my craft room to see what I could find! I was looking for some old pictures (those will be in another post this week) and I had to laugh at some of the things that I found.
1. I had a scrapbook and I saved everything -- glued in the scrapbook was the "well done" plastic stick from a steak!! Good Lord have mercy on my soul. Did I think a plastic steak stick was worth saving?? These are not the ones in the book . . .but this is the kind I saved!!
2. I did some pretty fun things -- including . . .I attended a production of Oklahoma put on by Homewood High School and I have a program from said play . . .and I didn't know anyone at Homewood (our high school was getting ideas before we did Oklahoma!) at the time . . .but now I recognize some of the names because they go to church with me, etc. (40 years later!!)
3. I used to be able to sing. I sound like an old smoker now (and I've never smoked!!). I was in the All State Choir in 1975. I remember the try-outs as if they were yesterday! I can see myself in the try-out room . . .singing Alto (are you surprised??) . . .guess what song I sang for try-outs? Have Thine Own Way, Lord! We also had to sight read and do some other stuff (I can't believe that I remember this much!!)
4. Mark was a junior in college at Auburn when I was singing in the high school all state choir - I didn't know Mark then but he was somewhere on that campus at the same time that I was there!
5. I ate at Western Sizzlin Steak House (and this trip wasn't the time that I saved the steak stick!!!) I feel like at this point I should say "and I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express" but there was no such thing as a Holiday Inn Express around back then!
6. I sang in a bunch of choir programs . . .and even had a # by my name because I was in the All State Choir.
7. I actually remember the trip. We (the whole big All State Choir) sounded awesome!! I seem to remember that the big auditorium did not have air conditioning!!
8. Jamie McLemore, who plays the organ at churches all over town . . and is one of THE best organists in the country . . .was in the same high school choir.
Have you ever found something like this - stashed away from your childhood/youth -- that brought back lots of memories??