1. In honor of the date . . .when were you last sent on a "fool's errand"? A couple of years ago, my husband asked for a banana tree for his birthday and then he mentioned it again in the fall. I thought - aha! I know what to buy this man for whom it is so difficult to buy a gift!! A banana tree!! What fun, right? So I called every single nursery -- e.v.e.r.y. o.n.e. - and asked if they had any banana trees in stock. NO ONE had a single banana tree. At Christmas, I told him how I had wanted to please him and wanted to buy the banana tree as a surprise. I told him how I had called all around looking for one. He started laughing . . .see below for what he really wanted!
2. Peter Rabbit, Bug Bunny, The Energizer Bunny, The Easter Bunny, Rabbit (Pooh's friend), White Rabbit (of Wonderland fame), or the Trix Rabbit . . .which of these "famous" rabbits can you best relate to right now? How about the bunny that runs out of battery power when he is up against the Energizer bunny??? You didn't include that one!! This is Holy Week. I'm on staff at a LARGE church. One of our wonderful congregants died last night. We have church services every day this week and 7 services are planned for Sunday! Actually - I'm going to BE the Energizer Bunny this week - I'm going to keep on going and going and going and going WITH a smile on my face!!
3. When did you last find yourself scrambling to get something done? Good question. I try not to wait until the last minute to get things done because I HATE scrambling. I like to plan ahead and get things done ahead of time so that we aren't scrambling. As I was typing, I did think of two recent scrambles. Our office closes at four on Fridays. One of our Senior Pastors (I'm his assistant) met with a non-church member on Friday at 3 to plan a funeral. I typed the funeral bulletins and made 100 copies and was still out the door at 4. Yesterday, our minister of music emailed me at 1:40 and needed a postcard to be produced and mailed. I leave at 2 on Tuesdays to get ready for Tuesday night Bible study (cook, prepare, etc.). I told him that I couldn't do it but then decided to compete against myself . . .I made the postcard in publisher, made the copies, ran the labels from the database and attached labels and postage and had five minutes to spare!
4. Last time you were up at the literal crack of dawn? Why? Last time you stayed up all night? Why? Heck - I get up at the crack of dawn most every day. It is still dark outside and I see the sun rise - does that count?? I stayed up most of the night last Thursday night with leg cramps - oh crap - I should erase that - makes me sound old! Last year, the night before we had to have our sweet cat, Snug, put to sleep . . .we stayed up pretty much all night with him.
5. Crack a book, crack a bottle, crack a joke, crack an egg . .. which have you done most recently? I love to read, so I'm always reading but most of the time on my kindle. We served wine to friends on Saturday night - so I cracked a bottle. I love to laugh but I am a horrible joke teller - I tend to forget the punch line!! I made deviled eggs on Thursday night for supper so I cracked some eggs! I win - I did almost all of them!
6. What is your favorite part of a typical weekend? Tell us why that's so. I LOVE the whole weekend. I love that moment right before four o'clock on Friday afternoon. I feel like a little kid on the last day of school. I love going out to eat with friends or having friends over. I love not having to set the clock for Saturday mornings (though sleeping late is just until 7 or so!). I love our church - our preachers - our music - our Sunday school class - our Jesus!! (though I will admit that it is hard to make myself get up and get dressed on Sunday morning after being here all five days -- BUT ONCE I'M HERE - I love it!!
7. What's something I'd find on a bookshelf in your home? Other than a book, I mean! We have a small antique bookcase in our loft living area upstairs. There are a few old books but I also have a piece of pottery from the Wadley, Alabama potter. I also have the hand cross that I was given when I was the Lay Director on an Emmaus Walk. There are a couple of photos in frames on one shelf. On top of the bookcase, is a little wooden church. There is also a big, gold, wooden E.
8. Insert your own random thought here. Let's see . . .I am so happy that spring is here. I wish that I did not have allergies so that I could just stay outside all the time. We have these wonderful porches - three to be exact - and I love sitting outside. I told Mark the other day that I love coming home in the afternoons to our HOME.