Thursday, March 26, 2015

Wednesday Hodge Podge . . . on THURSDAY!

Go visit here and link up!!


1. This coming weekend is Palm Sunday, which marks the beginning of Holy Week. Do you celebrate Easter in your home? What was your favorite Easter tradition as a child? I am on staff at a large United Methodist Church so, yes, we definitely celebrate Easter. This next week is indeed Holy Week and we will have services every single day . . .it makes Easter so much more special. My favorite Easter tradition as a child was the fact that I got two Easter dresses every year. I had one for Sunday morning and another (not as fancy) one for Sunday night. I grew up in a very blue collar home so looking back, this must have been an extravagance that I took for granted. Many of our dresses were sewn by a local seamstress (Mrs. Bowen) and I fondly remember going to her house. She was always drinking a coke and they ate a lot of French fries at her house and everything was always a mess because she was busy sewing. I loved it!

2. George Weinberg is quoted as saying, 'Hope never abandons you, you abandon it.' Agree or disagree? Share your own thoughts on the word hope. As a Christian, there is always hope in Christ. Jesus wins. Hope wins! I think hope is always available, so yes, I would agree with the above statement. We would be the ones to give up.

3. Weigh in with a yay or nay on the traditional Easter candies. A solid milk chocolate bunny? Cadbury Creme Eggs? Peeps? Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs? Jellybeans? Coconut Cream Eggs? Of the candies listed, which one would you most like to find in your Easter basket? Let’s see . . .I TOTALLY love Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs. I also love the coconut and chocolate nests by Russell Stover. I love peanut butter and chocolate and I love coconut and chocolate. Jelly beans are pretty good, too, but the other two are my favs!!

 4. When did you last feel 'like a kid in a candy store'? Wow . .. sometimes I feel like that in Pottery Barn! When we bought our house, we had to purchase some new furniture and decorative accessories and it was fun! I also feel that way when I get to shop at Gigi’s Scrapbook store in Foley, AL.


5. What's something you know you do differently than most people? Does that bother you? Does it bother other people? Hmmm – I am louder than most people – in both speech and laughter!  I can’t think of anything else!!

6. Palm Springs CA, Palm Beach FL, or the PALMetto State...of the three mentioned, which sunny spot would you most like to visit right now? Which have you visited at one time or another? I would love to go to any warm and sunny spot for an extended vacation RIGHT NOW!

7. If you could change the length of a day would you lengthen it or shorten it? Tell us why. I would never shorten a day (unless it was a bad situation) – usually I’m wishing for more hours in a day. A friend once told me to pray for God to “so order my day” so that I might accomplish all He wants me to accomplish. That thought helps!

8. Insert your own random thought here. We have a new pet – a 14.7 pound tabby named Harvey. Harvey is obsessed with dental floss. He can hear the sound made when you pull the dental floss from the container and he takes off running toward the sound. He also loves ponytail holders (elastic bands) and will play hockey with one all around the room. His latest trick . . .I found him fishing in the toilet. Thank God for clean water.

No comments:

Post a Comment