Sunday, April 7, 2013

Gluten Free Cheesecake Recipe


I told y'all about this cheesecake yesterday and I emailed my sister-in-law in Delaware and asked if her mother-in-law would share the recipe (that is where MY mother-in-law got the recipe!!).  I thought someone out there might need a gluten free/latex free cheesecake recipe.  Let me just tell you that this is delicious!!!  My mother-in-law changes two things to make it safe for my sister-in-law, Rebecca, to eat.  She leaves out the lemon juice (she can't have any fruit due to the latex allergy) and she substitutes corn starch for the flour.
Stratford Cheese Cake


(better known as Betsy's Cheesecake) (Betsy is my sister-in-law's (Susie) mother-in-law :-)


2 lbs. cream cheese (32ozs.)

7 eggs

1 1/2 cups sugar

1 pint heavy cream

juice of 1 lemon (not sure Mom adds this -- she doesn't!!)

2 tbsp. vanilla

2 tbsp. flour (substitute corn starch for gluten free)

Cream the cheese until fluffy. Add the eggs 1 at a time beating well after each. Add sugar, lemon juice, vanilla and flour. Beat well. Add cream. The batter will be thin. Pour into a heavily buttered spring form pan. (I would put foil around bottom so water will not seep in).

Preheat oven to 350.

1. Bake in a pan of water to a level 1/2 way up on spring form pan for 65 minutes.


2. Turn off oven and leave pan in the oven with the door closed for 30 minutes. (this is an important step according to my mother-in-law!!!)

3. Leave pan in oven with door open for 30 minutes. (this step is also important!!)

4. Cool. Refrigerate when cooled for 4-5 hours before serving. (overnight is good)

My mother-in-law decorates with whipped cream around the edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment