When I got off work on Thursday afternoon, I headed home and starting working on a paper on two different theories - Uncertainty Reduction Theory and Social Exchange Theory. We had to write about a relationship - real or fictional. I wrote about the relationship between Meg and Birdie in The Calamity Club. I stopped long enough to place a Target order through Shipt. I think we ate leftovers for dinner! Brandon, our regular shopper, dropped off the groceries and we put those away.
On Friday morning, I worked for a couple of hours, rode my bike for 30 minutes, and we loaded up in the car to head south. Y'all won't believe this, but we were only about 15 minutes from our house and I got pulled over by the police! Why? It was raining and my head lights weren't on. My car was in the shop recently and I guess they turned off the automatic light feature! That has happened to me twice in the last six months!! Of course, I could NOT find my insurance card. She wrote me a warning ticket about the insurance . . .and a verbal warning for the lights. Seriously?
The traffic was horrific. We went to our daughter's house and hung out with her and the granddaughters for a few hours. Then we changed our clothes and headed to downtown Montgomery. For our anniversary back in May I purchased tickets to see Leeanne Morgan at the Montgomery Performing Arts Center. She is coming to Birmingham in the fall, but we will be out of the country.
Our son-in-law told us where to park and it was perfect. We paid our $10 cash and found a great spot and walked across the street to the venue.
They had some cute merch!
The security guard was right in front of us and reminded us that we could NOT take photos or record, so I grabbed a photo of the preview haha!
The show was so good. I laughed so hard I literally cried!!
As soon as the show was over, we headed to the car and drove back to Birmingham.
On Saturday morning, I headed to WW and then to Trader Joe's. I needed fresh flowers and let me be the one to tell you -- Saturday morning flower shoppers at Trader Joe's are crazy.
I walked to the local pharmacy to pick up a prescription. The owners are so nice. They are all young pharmacists who graduated from Pharmacy School at Samford University (where I'm an undergrad!).
I cooked several things, rode the bike, arranged the flowers, etc.
Sunday morning - I worked! Then on Sunday night, we had our supper club at our house.
Above is the centerpiece on the island - I decided to go with something other than florals!
The silver bud vase is on top of the wooden boards that cover my gas cooktop.
Below is the arrangement on the dining room table. I prefer a bigger, more airy arrangement, but people get annoyed if they can't see across the table haha!
I also made a small arrangement for our powder room, but I didn't take a photo!
The main course was an old recipe from Mark's mama - Hot Chicken Salad. It is basically a chicken and rice casserole. There are normally five couples and we picked a bunch of dates, but we never could find a date where everyone was available. One couple was flying back from a weeklong trip to Canada with their three kids, spouses, and grandkids.
Since I was using an "old" recipe, one couple decided to tie into "old" recipes. Back in the day, many folks used to make a ton of congealed salads. Guy did a spin on congealed salad -- he made jello shooters - they were lime tequila and they were yummy.
I didn't take a single photo after this! We had delicious food, lots of laughs, and wonderful fellowship!
What did you do this weekend?
No comments:
Post a Comment