Wednesday, July 22, 2026

Hodgepodge

 


1. Do your goals and dreams energize or exhaust you? Elaborate. Goals and dreams can do both - energize me and exhaust me! I think it depends on the day. 

2. July 23rd is national lemon day. Are you a fan of this flavor? What's a favorite dish or beverage you enjoy that calls for lemons?  I love real lemon flavor. I am not a fan of fake lemon! I have so many allergies, but I can actually tolerate the scent of lemon oil. I don't eat either of these desserts anymore, but I love a good lemon ice box pie or some lemon bars! I also love a good lemon vinaigrette (is that how you spell it?).

3. "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade"...is this something you're pretty good at managing? Have you had to do this recently? If so tell us about it. This answer is much like number 1! Some days I am good and some days . . .not so good at this skill! Positivity is one of my top five strengths so I like to think that I'm pretty good at managing! Just last night, our ground beef had not thawed so I couldn't make my planned dinner . . . I pivoted and made lemonade! haha! I just made something else with the frozen hamburger.

4. Something you love that is lemon yellow in color? I love the yellow in one of our guest rooms. It might be a littler brighter than lemon yellow.



5. How would you describe your attention to detail? My husband would say that I am a detail person. I think I am most of the time. I seem to be wishy washy on my answers this afternoon.

6. Insert your own random thought here. Has anyone ever seen a shower door do this before?


Look away quickly if the sight of blood makes you queasy. Y'all . . . this happened to our 7 year old granddaughter on Monday night. She was at her other grandparent's house and the shower door shattered. I have always assumed that shower doors were made of glass that would not shatter. When the grandparents couldn't stop the bleeding by applying pressure, they first called 911 and then they called her mama. The EMTs were evidently rock stars. They took her by ambulance to the ER in their town. The allowed our daughter to get on the gurney in the back of the ambulance and then they layed our granddaughter on top of her mommy. They don't have a children's hospital in their town. She required stitches in one foot, several stitches in different places on one hand, and a glue bandaid on the other hand. They arrived at the ER before 8:00 p.m. on Monday night and there were so many patients that they placed them in the hospital lobby because a 7 year old does not need to see the things happening in an ER. They didn't get home until 4:00 a.m. Tuesday morning. I am typing this on Tuesday night . . .our daughter drove from her town to our house late this afternoon and picked up her daddy and they are now at Children's Hospital in Birmingham. Our granddaughter's foot started bleeding this afternoon and Laura took sweet girl to their pediatrician. They assessed the foot and called Children's and told them to expect our daughter and granddaughter in Birmingham in about two hours. I packed a little picnic for our granddaughter (with a few other things for her mama and pops). It has been a week . . .and it is only Tuesday.

p.s. the situation above may be why my other answers are so wishy washy today!


No comments:

Post a Comment