Tuesday, December 19, 2023

H O D G E P O D G E

 

1. Did you do more talking or more listening yesterday? Was it by choice or by necessity? I think I did more listening yesterday than talking. I was in a lot of meetings. On Sunday, I definitely did way more talking than listening – too much!

2. Are you a tea drinker? Hot, cold, or both? Flavored? What do you like in your tea? Do you make Christmas tea this time of year? What time of day do you like to sip your tea? We drink unsweetened decaf cold tea for Sunday lunch every week – random, I know. I don’t drink hot tea very often. I did have a cup of Wassail last Sunday afternoon that was the best I’ve ever had. The juice was cran-apple and it made a HUGE difference.

3. What's an activity you won't try, an event you won't attend, or an athletic challenge you won't take part in not even for 'all the tea in China'? At 65, I might not try to roller skate or ice skate again. I don’t need a broken hip hahaha! A lot of folks I know go to these Extreme Work-out places and I’m not sure I’m cut out for that either.

4. What's something most people seem to love but is not 'your cup of tea'? Salmon. I want to love it but I just don’t.

5. How does your family celebrate New Year's Eve? Last year, we went out to dinner with friends and I think we are doing the same this year with one of the couples. We’ve been known to move the clock forward and take pictures at 11 rather than at midnight.

6. Insert your own random thought here. I finally started wrapping the presents for our granddaughters last night. I sorted into two piles to make sure they looked somewhat even.  Second random thought – Grades post – I can’t believe it, but I got an A in Biology 102. It was the hardest A I’ve ever received.

13 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your A!That's fantastic! Enjoy your break and merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the A! My mom wrapped gifts for the kids the other day and said it was all the energy she had; lol. It couldn't have been that much! Anyway, have a great Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas! My presents are finally wrapped!

      Delete
  3. Congrats to you on that hard A! Well done! Oh boy, I am so with you on your answers to 3 and 4. Merriest of Christmases to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We agree on the salmon? I want to like it . . .but can't! Thank you! Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  4. Good job on getting that hard A...I can't even imagine. I think I'm beyond skating too. Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha... you change the clock... I love it. :-)
    Merry Christmas!! Carla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The older we get . . . the more creative hahaha! Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on those great grades! I guess I wouldn't really want to try roller skating or ice skating again at my age. Have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray on your A! I agree, I don't think I would skate and I'm not sure I would ride a bike either. I wrapped all the gifts a few days ago. Have a very Merry Christmas! God Bless

    ReplyDelete