Friday, August 3, 2018

School Days, School Days . . .


School days, school days,
Dear old golden rule days.
'Readin' and 'ritin' and 'rithmetic,
Taught to the tune of a hick'ry stick

Interesting lyrics - I've always heard the first three lines but I don't believe I knew about that fourth line. I think my mom changed the words to something else though I can't imagine what words she would have used. I never had a teacher use a hickory stick . . .though I did get paddled (yes - they did that back then!) when I was in middle school. You want to know why I got paddled? I left my sheet of basketball rules at home. It wasn't that I did anything bad . . .I simply forgot my paper which was an unusual thing for me. I don't think that PE teacher liked me very much.
Everyone around me is in the back to school mode. I love school supplies and new books! Last weekend, I drove to my daughter's home and we worked on things for her classroom and we had so much fun (or I did!).
She is teaching in a new school this year and is so excited. 
I've marked through the name of the school on the sign and marked through the writing on the flags. Didn't want y'all trying to figure out that one!

We used my silhouette cameo to cut out letters on cardstock and on vinyl.


She has such a cute room!



There were some vinyl letters on some of the cabinets so we made more letters - I couldn't match the font exactly but our letters make a nice addition.


I hope to be able to go and meet some of her students this year. She is an awesome teacher and we are so proud of her!


I love the googly eyes over the bookcase to the left with the word "read" -- makes me want to read a book!
One of my sister-in-laws and I were discussing back to school items on Sunday. Turns out we both had red plaid lunch boxes and red plaid book satchels one year. I remember those two items so well!
Do you love "back to school" time? What are your favorite "back to school" supplies?

No comments:

Post a Comment