Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Zoom . . . .

I feel like life is zooming by recently. My daddy always said that the older you get, the faster time flies and I would just laugh and laugh and say, "daddy - time is time, whether you are old or young." Now I'm not so young and I know he was correct.

I cannot believe that it is now March. I feel like we just had Halloween. Our daughter gets married in less than two months. Surely she just got engaged!!

We had a busy weekend. Life is funny like that, isn't it? Maybe not for you, but it is for us. We might go weeks and weeks and have nothing to do and we feel like the rest of the world is out having fun (dangers of looking at facebook!!). We then have a weekend where we DO. NOT. STOP. GOING. This weekend was one of those. Everything we did was fun and wonderful but goodness gracious, Monday rolled around so quickly.

Friday night, we ate dinner with friends at Vecchia, a restaurant literally in our neighborhood. It is a fun place with communal wooden tables and they serve pizza, paninis, salads, meatballs, and lots of draft local beer. I love where we live.

photo courtesy of Daphne Harding-Smith from 
neighborhood facebook page
Saturday morning dawned bright and early and we celebrated our sweet grandbaby's SECOND birthday. See . . .there goes that time flying by. She moves at a non-stop pace. We kept her for a little while on Thursday night and she NEVER. STOPS. (not like time!) Her birthday party was fun and all things pink!

This little tiny nugget is so special. She talks non-stop and repeats anything you say. She takes care of her "babies" and covers them up like a sweet little momma.



Love the order of these pics - above and below . . .sneaking a bite of icing - YUMMY!!


Look at her face above when she realized how good that the cupcake tasted and then look at her face when she was watching her friend, Luke, dive headfirst into his cupcake (luke not pictured but look at her face!!)


Our day didn't end there. We went to a tasting at the reception venue. I think I'll save those pictures for later. Let me just say that the Wine Loft has not disappointed us so far. We have loved working with their event coordinator, Kristin, and we met the owner on Saturday. We are looking forward to a fun party!

On Sunday, we went to worship and I taught Sunday School and we had lunch at my mother-in-law's house and then we had another big social affair. I think I'll save that for another whole post! It was a pretty special time.


No comments:

Post a Comment