Friday, December 9, 2016

Ho Ho Ho!

1. Let's talk holiday decorating. On a scale of 1-10 where do you fall? (1=Scrooge and 10= Clark Griswold). What's your favorite corner-room-table-space to decorate? Is it done?
We would be a 3 possibly . . .everyone in our neighborhood puts white lights in their trees and we also have white lights on the upstairs and downstairs and screen porches.  We have wreaths with gold bows on the porch railings and on all the doors.  Our tree is standing outside in the courtyard waiting for Mark to put on the lights . . .and then we will bring it inside.  We will have lights of all colors on the tree.  I love our mantle this year - I like to change things up every year.
See those antlers? they are the real thing . . .I love the juxtaposition (my word lately!) of the Waterford crystal bowl nestled inside the antlers.


I made all new bows for the wreaths this year - glitter glitter everywhere!!


Last year, I found the five little Christmas trees after Christmas and I believe I paid about $.50 each for them.  I'm using a lot of gold this year!

2. Is there a nativity scene in your decorating somewhere? Post a picture or, if it's special to you in some way, tell us why. Or do both-it's Christmas!
I love our nativities.  I usually have one in every room but this year, I have two -- one upstairs and one downstairs.  This one sits on the chest right inside the front door.

Most of the pieces are Fontini.  My mother-in-law started the sets for each family.  I have the holy family and wise men and shepherds.  My camels and a couple of my other animals came from Bethlehem.  I love our nativity being right out in the open for all to see.

3.  Do you live in a social neighborhood? If so are you glad? If not do you wish you did?
YES!  Our house is built like a cottage at Seaside or in Charleston.  We can sit on our front porch and talk to our neighbors on their front porch.  Because I still work full time, I'm not able to be involved during the daytime but we have Book Club and Bible study and supper clubs and Bunco and Mom's Night Out groups.

4.  As the saying goes, 'there's no time like the present'. How does that ring true in your life right now?
Let's see . . there's no time like the present to lose weight . . .or make goals for the coming year . . .or make a list for what I need to do.

5. Do you dread Mondays? Why or why not?
I only dread them because I would love to be lazy and read all day!  I actually LOVE my job and feel so blessed that I GET to do it!!

6.  Poinsettia, Christmas Cactus, Amaryllis-which on the list is your favorite holiday plant? Are any of these on display in your home right now?
No plants on display.  I have a Christmas Cactus but it was on the porch last night and I'm sure the freeze didn't help the plant any!!  I DETEST Amaryllis because of the smell.
7. Share a favorite quote from a Christmas movie.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
It is after 10:00 at night . . .I have no thoughts at all in my head except for the voice saying, "Lisa - come tuck yourself in under the covers!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment