Well - I have NOTHING profound to say. We may get a wintry mix here this afternoon and I'm hoping we all get home from our offices this time!!! Yesterday, we broke a weather record - the high yesterday was 31 . . .and then tomorrow, it is supposed to be in the 60's . . .and then next week it is going to be cold again. One thing you can say about Alabama -- if you don't like the weather today, wait until tomorrow.
Just saw a fifty question quiz on another website - thought I would answer a few and maybe make up a few of my own -- but NOT fifty. Too many!
1. Were you named after anyone? My mother told me that I was named after Mona Lisa - she saw the painting (not the real one) and loved the name.
2. When was the last time you cried? I almost cried out of frustration last week (at work!! how embarrassing!). I'm not a big crier. Some Sundays my eyes get moist during certain parts of the worship service. The last big cry was last spring when we had to have our sweet kitty put to sleep. I'm embarrassed to say that I cried for days!
3. Do you like your handwriting? Normally, yes. This week, no. Just finished making several hundred crosses and my hand keeps going numb :-)
4. Do you have kids? Yes, I do! I have fraternal boy/girl twins. They are 28 years old. I also have a daughter-in-love. No grandkids yet (not in a hurry!) but we have a grandpuppy and two grandkitties.
5. What is the first thing you notice about people? let's see . . .their voice, whether they seem kind or not, their teeth and their eyes!! Yes, I know that was four things but I couldn't decide.
6. Red or pink? BOTH! I love reds and pinks - especially clothing.
7. What is your least favorite thing about yourself? Not sure I can answer with just one. I think my weight (and yes, I know that I could do something about it!) would be one of the main "physical" things. Behavior wise . . .hmmm . . .I wish that I wouldn't interrupt people (working on that); I wish that I didn't always react so quickly (temper temper!!).
8. What was the last thing you ate? four mini reese cups (I LOVE chocolate and peanut butter) . . .that would also remind you of my number one thing above. I hate that I'm fat but I love food! Dadgumit!
9. What is your favorite smell? Promise not to laugh? One of my favorite smells is the smell of old books - like the library smelled in the small town where I grew up. I know that I can read something and be transported . . .speaking of reading, I just finished the Boston Girl by Anita Diamant. I really recommend it!
10. Mountains or beach? Always beach - oh my goodness - BEACH! I love the first time you stretch out in the sun and you can actually feel the sun soaking down into your bones. I love the smells. I love the motion of the waves as they come in and go back out. I always feel like the waves are taking my sins far away.
11. Hair color? which time??? It was much much much darker when I was young, but when I started having more and more gray hair, I moved to a blonder shade. I've been this color for so long that it seems natural!!
12. Do you like scary movies? This is embarrassing - I can't watch anything with vampires in it. I have nightmares! This only started about 10 or 15 years ago. I grew up watching Dark Shadows and had no problem.
13. What is your favorite food? refer back to question 7! I LOVE food! I enjoy Mexican and Chinese. I love a well cooked (not well done anymore!) steak and a steamy, fluffy baked potato. I love cheese cake and german chocolate cake. This question would be easier if it was, "What foods do you hate?" I hate cashews - DETEST them. I don't like rutabagas. I hate chocolate and mint combos of any kind. I don't like chocolate and orange together either. I love the way fresh rosemary smells as it grows but I hate dried rosemary in cooking. I hate licorice. I think the question should definitely be - "what foods do you hate?"
14. What is your favorite beverage? During the daytime, I LOVE diet pepsi. I have one almost as soon as I open my eyes every morning!! During the evening, I love ginger ale - Canada Dry Diet Ginger Ale - yummy! My favorite alcoholic beverage would be Margaritas -- I do like a Long Island Tea and also a glass of Reisling (people make fun of me for drinking Reisling -- a total stranger in Costco said, "Why in the world are you buying Reisling??" (as I was proofing this, I realized that I love German Chocolate cake and Reisling . .. isn't that German??? - just a weird note because those words were highlighted!!)
15. Last but not least, what things are really important to you? My faith (God), my family, my friends - I think those are really important. Good health would be another thing. I'm also very lucky that I love my job.
If anyone reads this, I would love to hear some of your answers!!!