Wednesday, May 28, 2014

after 30 years of marriage . . .

after 30 years of marriage and 22 years in this same house, we are stepping out . . .we put our house on the market and it sold in about three days . . .it showed twice on the first Tuesday that it was on the market.  One of those families came back the next day and made an offer . . .and we have to be out by June 16.  So what did we do?  We looked at a million houses - oh . . .the beauty of the internet -- sure takes the pain out of looking at all those houses!!

Annnnddddd . . . .drum roll please . . .tatatatatatatat . . .we put a contract on a lovely "cottage" - yes, it is called a cottage - don't you just love it??

four bedrooms, three and a half baths, a loft (top floor - opens onto porch); a dining room; a big kitchen and family room . . .and it is so dang cute, I can hardly stand it!

So now my daughter has me addicted to pinterest (which I do not have time to do right now) . . .and we've been looking at colors and fabrics and chairs and sofas and bar stools.  Why bar stools?  BECAUSE we have this incredible island in the kitchen


I don't know if we are officially downsizing or not . . .we are definitely downsizing our yard - from 3/4 of an acre to a postage stamp!  We are definitely downsizing on our storage space - full, huge basement to a two car garage.  In our house now, we have walk in attic storage space . . .only pull down in the new house ----- soooooo that means I have to get rid of lots of stuff.
Look at that shower . . .yes, it does indeed have a ribbon on it . . .the shower won an award on the parade of homes!

We met the interior designer today at the house (she works for the builder and goes to our church - what a small world!!).  Mark DETESTS the color that the house is painted now sooooo we put in the contract that we need the house painted.  Picked out three colors today - much warmer colors . ..makes us happier.

I'm procrastinating by blogging - Mark is being a servant tonight down at the Firehouse Shelter - feeding the homeless . . . I am packing boxes . . .or will be as soon as I get off my fat a . . .oops.  Didn't say it!

We move in on June 16 . . .come visit now, ya hear!

2 comments:

  1. Sooooo excited for you!! I can't think of anyone more deserving of a BIG kitchen!! Love & miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your new home! I especially love your new kitchen!
    Shelia
    www.houseofhighlands.com

    ReplyDelete