Tuesday, July 16, 2013

How to Get Rid of Snake in the Yard

The strangest thing happened. We have had a snake in our back yard for several years. We have found his skin and we saw HIM last year ONE time. This year, we realized that he was living under the bush at the top of our driveway. He was a good snake. My husband assured me of that fact. I decided that I would try hard to not be afraid of him.  I would remember that he was going to eat mosquitoes.  I hate mosquitoes.  If he was going to eat them, that would be a good thing, right???  So . . .he was living under the bush and also he was living in the bush.  (he did scare . . .startle . . .Mark when Mark was trimming the bushes because half of the snake plopped out of the bush onto Mark . . .glad I wasn't outside to see that!!!)

 
We noticed that he loved the warm bricks.  The sun would shine on the bricks and heat them up and he would slide out onto said bricks and warm himself.  So one afternoon, I pulled into the driveway and I immediately saw him sitting there.  I grabbed my phone and hopped out of the car and started snapping pictures.


I was able to get really close to him because I could hold the phone up and snap away.  I could see his "tongue" (do snakes have tongues?) flicking in and out.  I was that close to him!!!  I was a little freaked out but I kept saying to myself, "he is a good snake.  good snake.  good snake." snap snap snap


Guess what? You know how to get rid of a snake? Have a photo session with one. He did not like having his photo taken numerous times. He didn't seem happy when I was taking his picture. That was actually why I stopped. He seemed a little agitated . . .which made me agitated. He was gone the next day . . . and we haven't seen him since. So . . .if you have a snake in your yard . . .take his picture . . .a bunch . . .with your phone . . . .and he will be gone . . .just like that! hahahahahaha!!

No comments:

Post a Comment