Wednesday, September 30, 2026

It's a Hodgepodge

 

Thank you to Joyce for our questions! Copy and paste the questions into your own blog (or feel free to answer in the comments) and join us over at From This Side of the Pond!

1. When you think of autumn what sounds come to mind? hmmmm . . .a crackling fire, leaves crackling under our feet, soup or chili "bubbling" on the stove, marching bands, cheering from a football game

2.  Is a trip to the mountains something you enjoy? What's your favorite mountain? Mountains are nice. When I was growing up, my best friend's parents always took a trip to the beach and a trip to Gatlinburg (or surrounding area) and I went with them many times. I took my kids when they were older elementary age and it wasn't the same anymore. We've seen some beautiful mountains on our travels.


Lucerne, Switzerland

On the Rhine River

in Austria

This is also in Austria - we rode to the top and it
was so windy!

Austria - it looked like the Sound
of Music

This might be the Dolomites . . .?

This is in Israel - maybe the trail
beside Mt. Arbel??

We climbed to the top - this is also
in Israel - I need to dig through my blog
for the name of this place. It is a ruin.

This might be the Dolomites, too.

3. What's something that once felt like a mountain, but is now just a molehill? I have a whole list of things - losing weight and keeping it off, going back to school, giving birth to our kids and raising them - wait . . .maybe those are all mountains and looking backwards they just look smaller!!

4. Let's play this or that-fall foods edition. Yes you have to choose. 

  • pumpkin spice latte or chai latte - I don't drink either but I'm going with pumpkin spice latte
  • apple cider or hot chocolate  - apple cider
  • stew or chili - chili
  • sweet potato casserole or green bean casserole - sweet potato casserole
  • butternut squash soup or creamy mushroom soup - butternut squash soup
  • cranberry sauce or gravy - gravy all day!!

5. Sum up your September in a sentence or two. September has been a full month of juggling school, church responsibilities, leadership decisions, and the never-ending details of keeping life moving. Through it all, I've kept plugging away—finishing assignments, refining my research proposal, teaching adult Sunday School, investing in the Tuesday night young adults, and planning a trip to England and Ireland along with all of the everyday things!

6. Insert your own random thought here. Have y'all tried a dirty soda? We had one at work this week and I didn't think I would like it . . .but I tried it. It wasn't bad. My base was Diet Pepsi and then I added coconut syrup, coconut cream, and lime. I drank two sips - way too much sugar for me, but it wasn't bad! Also, have y'all been to Great Big Game Show? There is one at the Summit. We went as a team building exercise this week and it was so much fun!

Also . . .how is it already the end of September??? what????

1 comment:

  1. You are juggling a lot! I like dirty sodas quite a bit. There are a number of places around us that make them and I like to indulge every once in a while. Your pictures of Europe are great! I've been to (or at least seen) the mountains of southern Germany though I didn't do any hiking while I was there.

    ReplyDelete