Sunday, July 16, 2023

Sunday Stealing

I'm joining up with Sunday Stealing again this week.

1. What are the 3 most important things everyone should know about you? I’m a Christian; I try to err on the side of grace in all things; and I have NO idea what else . . .I’m married to a twin, mom to fraternal twins, gran to two precious girls, surrounded by friends and family.

 

2. What is the strangest thing you believed as a child? This sounds so stupid as I type it. When I was about 4 years old, I used to “imagine” that elves lived in our woodwork around the floor of each room. I have no idea why I thought that. I don’t know if I’ve ever told anyone that.

 

3. Thinking of school classes, which were your favorite and least favorite? I love all things English related – especially writing. I take that back – I don’t really enjoy poetry. Since I’m taking Bio 101 right now, I might have to say science was my least favorite. I am one of those people that loves most things about school! Please give me new notebooks, new pencils and pens, a pink eraser, a new box of crayons and I’m a happy camper.

 

4. What is your favorite fast food? I rarely eat fast food but if I did, the actual food item would be French fries. If we eat fast food at all, we usually eat Chick Fil A and I usually get a salad. We did get sandwiches from Arby’s one day this week because we had no food in the house.

 

5. What song comes closest to how you feel about your life right now?

 

6. Have you ever taken martial arts classes? I have not.

 

7. Does your life tend to get better or worse or does it just stay the same? We’ve been in a rough patch for the last year so I’m hoping for it to get better!

 

8.What arts and crafts have you tried and decided you were bad at? I’m not very good at painting. I’ve done a couple of workshops over the years . . .and I’m not very good.

 

9. What is the truest thing that you know? The truest thing I know is that I am loved.

 

10. Are you more of a giver or a taker? I think I’m a giver . . .but I wonder if others see me that way??

 

11. Do you make your decisions with an open heart/mind? See the second part of my answer to #1. I have not always been this way but over the last few years, I’ve tried to learn to make decisions with both an open heart and an open mind.

 

12. What is the most physically painful thing that has ever happened to you? I don’t know . . . maybe when I had the sinus infection last summer that required removal of bones from my face. When we got to the ER, my pain was a 10 out of 10.

 

13. What is the most emotionally painful thing that has ever happened to you? I’m actually not going to share the most painful thing. I do share it when I share my own story but I’m not sharing it here . . .at least not today. I will share this one -- When I was 18, I married my high school boyfriend. A year and a half later, he left me . . .and I later found out he was gay. Those were dark days and the only time in my entire life that I have actually felt a tad suicidal.

 

14. What is your favorite line from a movie? My family has lots of movie quotes . . .but I’m horrible at this!!

 

15. Can you eat with chopsticks? No, I can’t but my husband loves trying!

 

5 comments:

  1. Re: #10, I suspect most people would answer this that they are givers- but somebody has do to the taking, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can still close my eyes and smell the wonderful aroma of new books and crayons! There's nothing like opening a brand-new notebook of blank pages. Chopsticks? I don't see the point, but would probably benefit by eating less v. loading my fork.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think what you believed as a child is so sweet! and magical šŸ˜€. I am also a pen (esp. fountain pens) and paper products lover. and I am a book sniffer too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got married at 19. THAT was a mistake...

    ReplyDelete
  5. #2. Your secret's safe with me!

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete