Wednesday, July 12, 2023

It's Wednesday so it must be a SIMPLE HODGEPODGE

Thanks to Joyce for the questions:

1. Is your life simple? Elaborate. Our life is anything but simple right now. My husband's mother, who will be 98 on the 18th, fell on Sunday and broke her clavicle. She has been living in her house with 24 hour care including several nights a week by her children. She stayed overnight in the hospital and then was moved to a rehab facility where she will still need 24 hour care. She has dementia and this has added more confusion. 

My husband's brother has lymphoma. 

We are moving into our house beginning today and I’m frantically trying to write a Sunday school lesson, learn about DNA and reproduction so I can pass Biology, and pack. Everything isn't finished but we've done the walk through and have a punch list.

2. What simple pleasure are you are currently enjoying?  I've found a margarita in a can (or bottle) that is sugar free and they are great! Great is relative :-). I'm not sure a pedicure is a simple pleasure but I sure do love to get one. Hopefully, I will be able to go sometime soon.

3. Travel by plane or go on a cruise? I’ll take the plane 

walk or ride a bike? depends . . .is it hilly? flat? I like both walking and riding a bike. 

swim or ski? I'm a horrible swimmer. I might be able to save myself. I have been on water skis several times and did ok (not great). I love hanging out at the pool or on the beach so let's go with swim (with a noodle!). 

ocean or mountains? ocean all the way - actually the Gulf of Mexico 

4. What's the last thing you bought online that you really loved? I love my new dresses from Tuckernuck. I'm always buying things on Amazon. One of my most recent Amazon purchases is this - the spring loaded thing-a-ma-jig that holds toilet paper:



5. What’s your 'back in my day we__________' story? I don't have the bandwidth to write a long story so how about back in the day, we (South Central Bell and AT&T employees) were taught phone etiquette and we were taught what it means to give good customer service. Very few places today offer good customer service.

6. Insert your own random thought here. By next week's hodgepodge, we will be living back in our house. I think our first night to stay will be Friday night. I’ll include a teaser picture, too.







11 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your MIL. As if you didn't have enough on your plate right now. Sometimes it's the thingy-ma-jigs that keep us sane! Hope the move goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to hear the move in is happening! I'm sorry about your mother-in-law. A fall combined with dementia is especially difficult. I'm glad she is getting the care she needs though. Enjoy all the unpacking and resettling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your words just changed my mindset. I do indeed get to ENJOY unpacking. Every box packed by the people after the fire will be a surprise when opened!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your MIL. Many prayers as you deal with this situation. Enjoy your home and just take your time when unpacking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about all the things complicating your life these days - although moving back into your house is quite exciting, and it looks beautiful! I think you're right about good quality customer service becoming more rare these days. :-( Have a great week - hope everything settles down!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oof, hope your family members are ok. On the subject of phone etiquette, kids today don't even know it! My son calls and once he gets the info he needs, he just hangs up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yippee, hooray! Your house looks so inviting. You have a lot on your plate right now. Hope you can put your feet up and relax by next Hodgepodge!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girl, your schedule's making me weary just reading about it. I wish more corporations spent more time coaching their teams what it means to provide good customer service.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so happy for you to be moving back into your house!! Probably not as happy as you are!! Customer service... sadly lacking these days, for sure. So sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. Prayers. Good luck with your DNA study. Do please find some quiet and rest, even for just an hour!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great answers. Your house is looking beautiful. How exciting.

    ReplyDelete