Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Sunset Hodgepodge

Thanks so much to Joyce for the questions for Wednesday Hodgepodge. You can answer in the comments or you can answer on your own blog and link up at From This Side of the Pond. 

From this Side of the Pond

1. Tell us about one small blessing you have counted in the past week? 
Our youngest granddaughter turned two and we celebrated with all things Minnie Mouse. One of the many blessings was this group of young women. One, of course, is our daughter. The other two are part of the Fab Five and they all met at our house on random Tuesday nights and they have been friends ever since. There are normally five of them (Fab Five) and I give thanks for all of them! I wrote a little about them here. I know you said "small blessing" but this is what came to mind . . and it is actually a huge blessing.



2. Bastille Day is celebrated on July 14th...have you ever been to France? Any desire to visit there, and if so what would site or city would you most want to see? (pretend for a minute international travel isn't an issue) My passport is up to date. Can we leave tomorrow? I want to see it ALL!

3. A food associated with France that you love? 
I know this isn't the correct answer because . . .well, you will understand! French fries! I know they didn't originate in France but I sure do love them.

4. Something you recently purchased where a coupon was involved? Do you regularly shop with coupons? I honestly can't remember the last time I used a paper coupon. I have used my Talbots discount and my Bed Bath and Beyond discount online. 

5. You have to give something away this week...what will it be? 
If we have any leftover cupcakes tonight, I plan to give those away!



6. Insert your own random thought here.
Look at this sunset! Our friends live on a crest and we were together for dinner on Saturday night (which was glorious to be together around a dining room table!) and went on the porch to watch the sunset.




From this point to below
the horizon goes so
fast!!



the colors were even more brilliant
in person

this was at 8:30 and there was still a
hint of sunlight just on the horizon.


16 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your little granddaughter! Let me know when we'll be leaving for France, I'm ready too. The sunset shots are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so ready to travel, too! We are headed out of the country next summer on a trip that was supposed to be last summer and was rescheduled but I really want to go somewhere before then!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I'm not sure my pictures do it justice - it was truly spectacular!

      Delete
  3. So glad to hear Good Times were had at your little's birthday. Those sunset images are spectacular! Have a great day, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did have a good time! The sunset was truly gorgeous!!!

      Delete
  4. Such a beautiful sunset view! I'm sure it was even more beautiful in person!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sunset was truly spectacular and was definitely more beautiful in person

      Delete
  5. That is an awesome view from your friend's house. God's glory every night! Wow! Teehee on the French Fries!! I enjoyed your answers! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by! Our friends do indeed get to see God's glory every night. They can see the storms rolling in, too!

      Delete
  6. Yum on the cupcakes! I will take one if you have leftovers!! Who can resist French fries? They are a weakness of mine. Gorgeous sunset!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh I wish you lived nearby - I would bring several to you!! French fries are maybe my favorite food but I rarely eat "real" ones -- air fryer helps with the cravings but they definitely aren't the same!

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous sunset! Glad you had a fun birthday celebration for your little one. International travel right now is not what it used to be. We are waiting to venture out of the country until we feel like things are more normal. I'm ready though : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have a 2 year old grandson so sweet. Happy birthday to your little one! That sunset is really special from that crest. I was just saying maybe we should renew our passports that expire in 2022.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I usually try to give away desserts too; we had a party Saturday and ended up with a gallon sized bag of cookies. Sadly, I am whittling them down here and there. LOL.

    ReplyDelete