Sunday, January 17, 2021

Sunday Stealing

I haven't participated in Sunday Stealing in a long time. Bev scours the blog world for questions and combines them for a fun Sunday blog post.

a. annoyance: people who make lots of chewing noise when they eat. I may be more annoyed at the fact that lately people seem to think that rules don't apply to them - especially traffic rules. Examples: There is a stop sign here - it is not for me! This is a no passing zone - well, I think I'll pass.

b. bestest friend (s): I met my friend, Phella, when my twins were 6 weeks old and we've been close friends ever since . . .and my twins are 34. I also have several other really close friends. There are four of us that normally meet for lunch once a month. Covid has screwed that up. I also love the other wives in our supper club. Covid has also messed that up! Then I have a couple of really close friends in the office plus a few other great friends. I feel truly blessed with friendships. I know most married people will say that their husband is their best friend and I will say that especially over the last few years Mark and I have become even closer. I can't imagine my life without him.

c. car: I bought a black Lincoln Nautilus a little over a year ago and I love it. Mark drives a black pick up truck.

d. day or night: I'm definitely not a night person. I think I'm a morning person, not necessarily a day person. We get up at 5:00 and before I arrive at the office at 8:30, I have exercised, usually completed at least one load of laundry, emptied the dishwasher, cooked breakfast (simple), packed a lunch, possibly done some meal prep toward dinner. I guess you now understand why I said morning, not necessarily day.

e. easiest person to talk to? this is a tough question because I have several folks that are easy to talk to in my life. (see b above)

f. favorite month: Maybe June? I have seasonal allergies and they usually get better in June plus my birthday is in June.

g. gummy bears or worms: I don't have a preference. My daughter-in-law and granddaughter love gummy bears so I'll go with that!

h. hair color: Naturally, my hair was very dark. I started getting a lot of gray hairs in my early 30's and started coloring it blond and my eyebrows are naturally very light and I have green eyes so blond works.

i. ice cream: homemade (custard cooked on the stove) vanilla

j. jewelry: I usually wear my engagement ring and wedding ring but I don't remember to wear them every day. I like lightweight earrings - usually something that is somewhat dangly (is dangly a word?)

k. kindergarten: I didn't go to kindergarten. I don't think we had public kindergarten in my hometown. I think that maybe you had to go to private and I imagine tuition of any kind wasn't in the family budget.

l. longest car ride: does a bus count? We drove across country to Denver for a church youth choir tour when my kids were in high school. It took 30+ hours and I have never been so happy to arrive in a place!!

m. most missed person: My mom died when I was 15 and my dad died when I was 25 and I would love to have some adult conversations with them. We've also lost a couple of close friends to cancer and sometimes I miss them so much that it is a physical discomfort.

n. number of siblings: I have two older sisters. One is 8 years older and the other is 13 years older.

o. one regret: I try to use "regrets" as lessons and learn something and move on. I will say that I regret telling my kids to "hurry" all of the time. I also regret some other choices from when my kids were growing up. I don't think I was a good mom all of the time. I think I yelled way too often and lost my temper when a calm and loving attitude would have worked wonders.

p. part of my appearance I like least: I used to hate my nose but I've finally decided it goes with my face. I don't like the loose skin in the middle of my body that remains after losing all of this weight but I'm not having skin removal or a tummy tuck at this age. I wish you had asked what part of my appearance I like - I like my smile and I like my eyes and I like the muscles in my legs!

q. quote: Mark and I have still been quoting Christmas vacation. We've had a cold snap here and one of the quotes is the one where Clark is at the counter in the store with the beautiful woman. I won't actually quote it because I don't want to offend anyone.

r. reality TV show: I'm sitting here watching Home Town right now and I really enjoy this show. Is that considered a reality show? Mark watches a couple of shows about living in Alaska and they are pretty interesting.

s. shoe: flip flops -- all of the time! I would truly wear them ALL of the TIME if possible.

t. time I woke up: Normally we get up at 5 but we actually slept until 6:30 this morning! 

u. unpredictable: the weather in Alabama! I have no idea what is unpredictable about me - my mood, perhaps?

v. vegetable I hate: beets!!

w. worst habits: I have too many to name! I think one of my worst habits is not listening enough - or maybe I should say that I'm listening but I'm forming my answer which then often causes me to interrupt the person who is talking. 

x. x-rays: A few years ago, I did a hop, skip, and a jump over a basket in my office and I felt like I had surely broken a hip. Brian (boss/senior pastor) drove me to the ER and I had an X-ray. It wasn't a broken hip but a torn hamstring. It was painful!

y. year I was born: I'm old - not as old as some!

z. zoom: yes! I've been using zoom since week 2 of the pandemic. I teach Sunday school via zoom and I facilitate on Tuesday nights via zoom. We have several meetings a week on Zoom calls.


No comments:

Post a Comment