1. On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate your sense of direction? 1=can't find my way out of a paper bag and 10=if I've been somewhere once I can find it blindfolded ten years later.
When was the last time you looked at/used a map you could hold in your hand? (phones don't count!)
back east, down south, out west, up north
Choose one of these directional expressions and tell us why you chose it.
I want to say that I have an EXCELLENT sense of direction but my husband would laugh hysterically if I said that . . .so evidently, I don't! My worst sense of direction is on the water. Many years ago, I took the boat driver's certification class (or something like that!) and when I was practicing I had no idea where I was on the water!! Mark (hubby), on the other hand, has a great sense of direction - on water and land!
I love using my phone for directions. I can't remember the last time I used a map - quite a few years ago. We went to Catalyst (conference) last weekend and my phone was my life line!!
Just last night we talked about "out west" because one of our young adults is taking a long road trip this week - heading west and then north.
2. Did you do more talking or listening yesterday? Is that typical? Describe your yesterday in one word.
I did a lot of listening yesterday. I took notes in a meeting . . .I listened to young adults. I also did a lot of talking with different vendors.
3. Time, money, water-power-resources, opportunity...which one on the list are you most guilty of wasting? What might you do to change that?
oh goodness, I waste some of all of the above. I waste time on the internet. I take showers that are too long. I love to have lots of lights on . . . plus we have lights on the outside of the house right now. I'm pretty sure I've wasted a lot of opportunities, too. I'll try to do better today!!
4. Did your family take regular vacations when you were a kid? Tell us something you remember about a family roadtrip from your own childhood.
Our family took a week long vacation to Laguna Beach (near Panama City, Florida) every summer when I was growing up. I remember how long it took back then before interstates!!
5. If you could grow anything you wanted, what would you grow? Why?
Marijuana - so I could get rich! JUST KIDDING! REALLY - I'M JUST KIDDING!! It is 6:20 a.m. and that thought just popped into my head and made me laugh! Could I grow money? That would be even better!! Seriously, I would love to have a garden. My daddy and granddaddy always had a garden. I love fresh tomatoes straight from the vine.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
We are deep into the first stages of wedding planning. Our daughter got engaged last weekend and we are so happy for them! They have set the date and we've booked the church and a reception venue so I feel like we are definitely moving forward!!