A fellow female blogger . . .and a faithful United Methodist, I might add, has a fun hodgepodge today and I thought I would participate. Check out her blog: http://stillmagnolias.blogspot.com/2014/11/freezing-wednesday-hodge-podging.html
and actually, I just realized that she got the link from another blogger
Welcome to the Wednesday Hodgepodge! So glad you joined the fun here today. It is freezing here in the deep South (very cold - brrrr!). What better way to stay warm than participate in the weekly Hodge Podge.
1. What's something you take for granted, that when you stop and think about it you feel truly grateful for? oh my goodness . . .I think I take way too many things for granted -- clean drinking water is just one of many.
2. The color brown-love it or no? What's your favorite shade of brown? Most loved something in your home or closet in a shade of brown? hmmmm . . .not sure that I am a fan of brown. I have a brown skirt that I wear often but that is about it. I have lots of tan, taupe and oatmeal things in my home that I love from sofas and chairs to wall paint!!
3. What's something you're looking forward to today?
I'm so shallow . . .a new episode of Modern Family tonight!! I'm also looking forward to a long weekend (next week - Thanksgiving). I need a break to just "be at home."
4. The word 'feminism' is not new, but it has been generating all kinds of headlines in recent days and months. What do you think/feel when you hear the word? If you're a woman, do you want to be described as a feminist? Why or why not?
I've never considered myself a feminist. I don't think I have a problem with the word. Heck - I am a strong southern women. I do notice if a man doesn't open the door for me - or offer to help if I'm carrying something heavy. I do actually feel very accomplished when I do something "strong" -- like yesterday, I wanted to cut a big branch and the only saw I could find was a hand saw and so while I cooked for Bible study, I also sawed (trying to make a Thanksgiving tree). When I finally cut through the branch, I cheered for myself! It was a thick branch!!
5. What's something you personally can't eat without making a mess?
I can't eat anything without making a mess. I feel like every shirt or dress I own has a splash of something on the front. My mother-in-law says that is what happens when you have "bosoms" - hahahahaha!
6. When did you last surprise someone with a little gift or when were you last surprised by someone with a little gift? What was it?
My friend, Donna, brought a honey bear to me and it is sitting in my office!!
7. Share a favorite quote, saying, song lyric or scripture relating to gratitude.
Give thanks with a grateful heart . . . give thanks to the holy one . . .give thanks because he's given Jesus Christ, his son. . . .I also love the old hymn, "Now thank we all our God, with hearts and hands and voices . . ."
8. Insert your own random question here.
Next week is Thanksgiving.....so big family meal or small intimate one?
I'm going to answer her question . . . .we have a fairly large one . . .always at my mother-in-law's house -- always at 6 or 6:30 p.m. -- because she wants to light the candles on the table -- all the traditional foods - turkey and dressing and gravy (dressing and gravy are my all time favorite) and all the sides. I'm making twice baked mashed potatoes and cranberry/apple casserole. A neighbor also offered to fry a turkey for us, so we bought a turkey - heck - why not?