I've been reading other folk's blogs and I have found some really good stuff . . .I like this!
According to a poll conducted by a British soup company, here are the top 10 little pleasures in life:
1. Getting a good night’s sleep.
2. Finding money unexpectedly in your coat pocket (even if it is just a dollar!!)
3. Snuggling up in bed with your sweetheart. (or maybe even a good book :-)
4. Laughing until you cry. (I've done that several times in the last couple of weeks - today at lunch was one of those times as Dave told us about his dog who had colic as a puppy and had to be "burped")
5. The feel of sleeping on freshly-washed sheets. (I do love clean sheets!!)
6. Finding a great bargain. (or buying something you've really been wanting)
7. Making someone smile.
8. Sleeping late. (this is not that great to me - late is 7:30 a.m. or so)
9. Catching up with an old friend (facebook has been great for this!!)
10. Laughing at things that have happened in the past.
I think I would add - spending time with good friends - doesn't matter what we do. I would also add - participating in a really good worship service.
What about you? What are the simple pleasures in your life?