Thursday, May 2, 2024

Weekend . . .once again, late :-)

Let's see . . .a whole week ago, I met two of my closest friends for lunch at Bistro V and we celebrated their April birthdays. It was so good to be together and laugh and talk.

I borrowed this photo from the Internet because
I tried really hard to be IN THE MOMENT and I
didn't take a single photo!


I mentioned this in the post last week -- the photographer and "reporter" came on Friday from a local magazine. We were interviewed and they took lots of photos. I've seen a sneak peek but I had to agree that I wouldn't share any until after the magazine is published.


I did a lot of studying last weekend.


I had a helper while I studied!


While I studied on Friday afternoon, Mark took granddaughter #1 to Chickey (Chick Fil A) for lunch and then to High Point climbing. Here she is climbing the 55 foot tall ADULT wall. She is 8. For her birthday, we each gave her the gift of time (in addition to some junk!). I took her to Claire's and Mark took her to High Point.


On Friday evening, we actually sat on our porch for a while. When we moved back into the house last July, it was just too hot to sit out there plus we didn't have it "put back together" again. We do now!



We watched some TV - we are watching Bones and Criminal Minds. Several of our other shows just completed. I actually cried during the last episode of Frasier. I had forgotten it from years ago. Harvey was literally watching TV!!


On Saturday, I did some around the house chores and studied. We picked up our good friends who live across the park from us and we went to the Front Porch for dinner. I had a Moscow Mule with Grey Goose vodka and it was good! There was a festival going on in that neighborhood and traffic and parking were crazy!!


I didn't take any other photos BUT I had a great salad. Yum! Yum!


I worked on Sunday morning and when I got off at 11:15, I went straight home. I made a bite of lunch and waited on my grocery delivery. As soon as I got the cold/frozen foods put away, I sat down at the island and took my final. This is what it takes for a 65 year old to study!! Our entire island is covered with information about Native American literature and Slave Narratives and Emily Dickinson. I studied hard!



There was a time limit of 2 hours and I used about an hour and a half. I think I did ok. I calculated that I could make as low as a 70 and still have an A for the semester. Did I already tell y'all that?

And then I cooked and made my lunches for the week and prepped the food for the YA for Tuesday night and CRASHED! I have a couple of weeks off before the next semester begins.

I know that it is now Thursday, but did you do anything fun last weekend?



 

4 comments:

  1. In the couple years between just getting married and having our first kid, we did rock climbing all the time. We were pretty into it, so much that we actually built a rock wall in our yard! No belaying, just bouldering, but it was so fun. When Elliot got old enough he even joined in but then it sort of faded out. Oh, and I LOVED Bones! I don't even like crime shows but that one was so much more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you still have the rock wall? Bones is so much more. Some weeks I can't look at the bodies they find!!

      Delete
  2. I like a Moscow Mule too. Miller's Ale House calls is a Grey Goose Mule. I also liked Bones when it was on. Joe and I watched it every week. Happy Friday and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is you school online? I always enjoyed school. I learn on my own now. Your counter is very impressive and so is an A!

    ReplyDelete