Sunday, December 11, 2022

Sunday Stealing!!

 I'm joining in with Sunday Stealing!

1. Wintertime comfort foods, habits, hobbies – I love a good bowl of homemade soup (all kinds) with fresh from the oven southern cornbread . . .and I make good cornbread! I don’t know that I have any different habits or hobbies for winter.


2. Favorite seasonal/holiday music and songs – We love watching Four Christmases and we love watching Christmas Vacation. On Thursday night, we went to see a play at our local theater and it was the “radio show” of It’s a Wonderful Life. It was EXCELLENT!! Today is our Lessons and Carols service at church and there will be amazing music. I’ll be watching from the Welcome Desk but even over the TV, it will be wonderful.

3. The people I want to spend more time with next year – I definitely want to spend more time with friends and family.

4. How much I could change my life in 1 year if I focused – Well, it is that same old same old goal. If I truly focused, I could get to my goal weight instead of hovering up above it. I’m still taking classes at the local community college working toward that degree and with each class, I feel my life is changed.

5. The valuable lessons I learned this year – Our things are just that – things. Some of our things hold more importance than others but things are not people. When your house is on fire, you aren’t worrying about things (at the moment). You are worrying about safety for all living beings.

6. How I’d describe 2022 in 10 words – 2022 was a year filled with blessings that made us grow.

7. My favorite Reads of 2022 – Do you know how many books I read in a year? A LOT! I just recently read “West with Giraffes” and loved it! I rarely read romances (just not my genre) but my daughter gave me a paperback copy of “When in Rome” and I’ve been reading it while on the stationary bike. It is cute.

8. Best movies I saw in 2022 – We NEVER go to the theater so I haven’t seen any new movies. I di watch the old Top Gun a couple of months ago and really enjoyed it. I had planned to go see the new one but haven’t. Life. We are actually going to the movies with our office for our Christmas outing. I can tell y’all about it later.

9. Favorite TV shows/episodes of 2022 – We’ve been watching The Americans. We are in the last few episodes right now and they are dark. I’m not sure I would call it a favorite but we have stuck with it. We are also watching The Rookie. It is ok, too. Earlier in the year, we watched Bosch Legacy and it was good.

10. Memorable experiences from 2022 – Let’s see . . . we went to Italy, Germany, and Austria for 14 days during the second half of June. It was amazing!! We came home and were home for less than a week and I got sick (not covid). After a couple of miserable days, we went to the ER and I got fluids and IV antibiotics for a sinus infection with advice to see an ENT on Monday. Later in the same day, our house was struck by lightning and burned. We moved to a hotel on Sunday (cat in tow) and lived there for 16 days. On Tuesday, following the ER visit and the fire, I was able to see an ENT and was scheduled for immediate surgery on my sinuses where they proceeded to cut bone to allow trapped infection to escape. The bonus was that the surgeon fixed my horribly deviated septum while he was operating. SCORE! Following 16 days in the hotel, we moved to a two bedroom apartment where we are still living.





I also started back to college in 2022 and have taken 3 semesters (one course per semester) and I’ve made 3 A’s.

11. Three people I enjoyed spending time with this year – I truly can’t pick except for Mark (hubby), our supper club, our SS class friends, our kids and grandkids, and the rest of our family.

12. How I handled challenges this year – I tried to handle them with grace! I will say that I reached out for professional help and have been seeing a counselor!!

13. What I’m leaving behind in 2022 – Let’s leave all of the negativity!

14. How I changed most from beginning to end of the year – I have realized that I’m more resilient than I thought I was!

15. What I want to tell myself before the New Year – Keep a positive attitude!

5 comments:

  1. Wasn't "West with Giraffes" great? That was one of my favorite books this year. I also loved "The Americans." They have the perfect finale, which I won't say anything about other than to say it was perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been out of touch for a while with so much going on in my life and I was lost because of my illness but I'm stronger and I am here to tell you about a natural remedy that is guaranteed to make you wonder why your doctor didn't tell you about it. Then, on the other hand, it is pretty obvious why your doctor didn't, because that's not his job, is it? But, seriously, promise me you won't get too angry with your health practitioner, it's really not their fault. They can only practice what they're told to practice, right? When your health is at risk there's no time for Tom foolery, you've got to get down to the cause and nip it in the bud. So you've been suffering from painful gout attacks have you? Well, allow me to give you a new perspective on the solution to what plagues you I was once in your shoe until my college friend introduce me to Dr Itua herbal center which cure my hiv/herpes,Lymphedema, after drinking it for two weeks as instructed, Dr Itua is an africa herbal doctor who has natural power to cure all human illness diseases I believe Dr Itua so much because he help me cure my hiv/ herpes which has being my burden in life so I promised Dr Itua that I will testify about his work online after curing me and that is what I'm doing here so please if you are sick from those diseases do not hesitate to write Dr Itua Herbal Center On Email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or chat with him on his online store www.drituaherbalcenter.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny that one has to say, when they're sick, that it's NOT COVID! Sounds like a great year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good goobies, yours was a year of highs and lows, wasn't it? I know this sounds odd to say, but I wish you a nice, conventional, maybe even dull 2023.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cornbread looks lovely.

    I've travelled a lot - but Austria eludes me. That will have to change.

    Positivity is good.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete