Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Wednesday HodgePodge

 From this Side of the Pond


1. How would you define 'old'? At what age is someone old? My husband's grandmother lived to be 95 and she was asked a question about how she felt at that age. She said that she still felt like a girl inside! I remember when I was young, someone who was 50 seemed REALLY old. I'm now 63 and I still feel pretty young! I think "old" is a state of mind. I've been around younger people who seemed REALLY old and I've been around really old people who seemed young.

2. A place you've been that's old? Tell us something about your visit there.  I've been to Israel and sat on the some "original" steps of the temple - the ones where Jesus and Mary and Joseph walked. I've also been to the place where they think King David hid in the caves and that is even older.

some of the steps have been remade but
some of the steps are original


3. Something you miss about the 'good old days'? When were they anyway? I'm not sure when the good old days were -- It was nice when I was a child and I didn't have to worry about a thing. I do remember when life seemed more simple and maybe those were the "good old days"!

4. In what way are you a 'chip off the old block'? Or if you'd rather, in what way is your child a 'chip off the old block'?  I've been told that I look a lot like my mom. She died when I was 14. She had just turned 50.  One time someone asked our son who he took after. He said that he looked like me and acted like Mark and that Laura (twin sister) looked like Mark and acted just like me.

son on the far left; daughter in the orange shirt


5. Old fashioned, Old Testament, old timer, same old same old, old glory, good old boy, old wives tale...choose an 'old' phrase that relates to something in your life or the wider world currently and explain. I guess my answer would be Old Testament because we recently studied about the prophet Elijah.

6. Insert your own random thought here. I need to get on a better blogging schedule. Thank goodness for Jo who writes questions for us each week and thank goodness for Bev who "steals" the Sunday Stealing questions each week. I need to take time to write about other things, too. Do y'all have a blogging schedule? Do you write on certain days of the week? Do you pre-write posts? I did some pre-writing back in April during the blogging challenge. How much time do you devote each week (or day?) for writing your blog?

16 comments:

  1. My friend Bobby Jean visited Israel. It was fascinating hearing about her travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been to Israel three times and highly recommend it. A few years ago I did the April A to Z challenge on Israel - if interested, you can check out a few of these posts - Here is the beginning https://lisa-musingsofamiddle-agedmom.blogspot.com/2018/04/april-to-z-blog-challenge-israel.html

      Delete
  2. I got goosebumps, hearing about your visit to Israel! Like 'old', I think the 'good old days' are a state of mind. Chuckling at your son's comment ... this is such a great photo of y'all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I told "Carla from the River" above, I've been to Israel three times and love it. I'll post the A to Z on Israel link below. Thank you - we had a photographer friend take our photo last year. I think we will again this year!! https://lisa-musingsofamiddle-agedmom.blogspot.com/2018/04/april-to-z-blog-challenge-israel.html

      Delete
  3. So many have mentioned feeling out of synch with their blogging, and I know I do. I am going to just do the best I can and learn to be okay with that. I have never been to the Holy Land, but it's on my list. A group from our church are going next year, but I don't think the timing will work for us. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you could go with your church. It is such a wonderful trip. I'm glad to know I'm not alone in the "feeling out of synch"!

      Delete
  4. Our Women's Group just started Priscilla Shirer's Elijah Bible Study last night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love Priscilla Shirer. I'll have to check out her study on Elijah. I don't have the book with me or I would tell you the name of the book we studied.

      Delete
  5. Such a once in a lifetime experience - getting to visit the Holy Land. Glad you had the opportunity to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been 3 times and I hope to go again in the next couple of years. Israel is one of those places I feel like I could do an extended stay - maybe 3 months - and still not see and experience everything.

      Delete
  6. I enjoyed your answers today. I "blog" every day but most are memes. My weekend recap on Mondays is all me though. Blessings! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to check out the different memes you use - maybe those would be good prompts for me to write more.

      Delete
  7. great answers. I haven't been to Israel.

    ReplyDelete