Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Wednesday Hodgepodge

This is week four for me for answering the hodgepodge questions by Joyce over at From this Side of the Pond. One week soon, I'm going to be brave and write something without prompts!

1. What's one part of your everyday routine you'd be better off without? 

Eating snacks??? I’ve been doing WW (formerly known as Weight Watchers) for quite some time and have lost a considerable amount of weight. I try to plan my snacks accordingly but some days . . .I would probably be better off without them! (before on the left and last week on the right) 

 

2. October 5th is/was National Do Something Nice Day. So what did you/will you do? 

Hubby and I host a study for young professionals each week and since we’ve been meeting outside (covid), I’ve enlisted some of our staff members to help by teaching a week here and there. I made tiny pecan pies and brown sugar brownies and packaged them in clear bags tied with orange tulle and delivered them yesterday to everyone who has been a speaker. I think that was a “do something nice.”



3. What question do you hate to answer? 

How much do you weigh? Seriously! I’ll tell anyone that I’m 62 years old but I do not want you to ask me about my weight! (see answer to question 1 – hahahaha!)

4. Do we have control over technology or does it have control over us. In that same vein, have you watched The Social Dilemma (available on Netflix) and if so what did you think? 

I have not watched The Social Dilemma but I have heard about it. I’m pretty sure that technology has control over us. Almost everyone I know has their phone handy at all times (including me).

5. What are three small things that make your day better? 

Kind words, sunshine, a sense of accomplishment – I know some of you are going to have some wonderful answers to this question and when I read your answers, I will smack my head and say, “I should have thought of that!”

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

Our 4 year old granddaughter spent the night with us on Friday night. My hat goes off to all grandparents who are raising their grandchildren. I think (and hope) that God gives grandparents who are raising grandchildren an extra measure of energy and creativity and extra everything they need. Pops is a much better “player” and the two of them can imagine some of the craziest things. I’m the one who is awesome when she wants to color or read 😊.





6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your weight loss! It’s not easy and you look great! Baking for others is definitely something nice. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same answer as you to question #1. Yay!! on your weight loss. Your something nice sure was something nice, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa,

    I can definitely do without the snacking. I've gotten much better over the years but still my sweet tooth gets the better of me some days than others. I find it's best to indulge a little so to not binge out and then feel horrible. It's such a struggle to loose a pound. I don't mind telling people how old I am but I cringe when someone asks my weight. By folks think I'm small and I am but I know where I like for my weight to be. I know they think I'm crazy and I'm okay with that. You keep at it with the WW plan. You'll get where you want to be! ;) Mobile technology and social media do rule our lives but it's up to us to control it. We don't have to be a slave to it 24/7. I try hard to avoid the Internet, especially social media on the weekends. That's my time to share with DH. My parents raised my brother's daughters. They adopted them. It was at that moment I decided if I ever found myself in that predicament that I'd have to say no. It shouldn't be up to the grandparents to raise their grandchildren. Of course, if that's what a person wants then I applaud them, but I've watched my parents' health go down the tubes because they put everyone above themselves. They praying steeply now. I love my granddaughter and she has two parents but if that ever changed then we might have to reconsider. Thanks for visiting! Have a good afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the weight loss! Particularly, in light of the C19 cloud hanging over us. I think the only person allowed to ask my weight is my doctor -- or, a pilot. (Yep, that actually happened once!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you to be losing weight. It's a long process.
    I too applaud grandparents who are raising their grandchildren.
    I'm sure those little pies and brownies were well received. They look yummy!
    Enjoy these autumn days!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's been a long time since I made those tiny pecan pies. They are sooo good and your idea to share them as gifts is wonderful. I'll keep that in mind as the holidays come -- oh! unless it gets to the point where we break COVID legalism by sharing home cooking!

    ReplyDelete