Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Wednesday Hodgepodge





1. What title would you give this current chapter of your life?
Workin' Hard?
Living the Good Life?
Another one bites the dust? (just kidding)
Mother of the bride?
The Empty Nest?
Eat More Chicken and Give Up Desserts?
I have no idea what this chapter would be called.

2. December 6 is National Microwave Oven Day. Who knew? Besides popcorn and coffee reheats, what's the most common thing you microwave? Could you get along without a microwave?
Really? There is such a thing as National Microwave Oven Day? Who knew? I sure didn't. I love to heat left-over soup in the microwave. I heat my lunch in the microwave at work almost every day - either left-overs or something I've meal prepped on Sunday afternoon. I guess I could live without one but I would have to change my habits - especially my lunch habit.  I really don't like to microwave meat (like left-over pork tenderloin or hamburger patties). It does something weird to the meat. I would almost rather eat left-over meat cold.

3. If you could insert yourself into any Christmas carol and experience the lyrics in real life, which Christmas carol lyric would you choose and why?
This question is almost as hard as question number 1!
I love "Away In a Manger" but I know that the idyllic version in my head is not what that stable/manger looked like. I'm sure it was a smelly place.
We Three Kings of Orient Are . . .that would be pretty cool - riding in on a majestic camel to see Jesus.
I know -- how about . . .
While shepherds watched their flocks by night, All seated on the ground, The angel of the Lord came down, And glory shone around. "Fear not," said he, for mighty dread Had seized their troubled minds; "Glad tidings of great joy I bring To you and all mankind.  To you, in David's town, this day, Is born of David's line A Savior, who is Christ the Lord; And this shall be the sign: The heavenly Babe you there shall find To human view displayed, All meanly wrapped in swaddling-clothes And in a manger laid. "
Can you imagine sitting out in the field - stars shining overhead and an angel appearing to tell you about the long awaited Messiah?? Oh my goodness.

borrowed from the internet - thank you!

4. Describe the most beautiful drive you've ever taken.
We've driven around the island of St. Martin and it was quite lovely. We've been on some pretty drives in Hawaii. One of my favorite drives is through Magnolia Springs, AL. It is truly a lovely place.



5. What's something on your Christmas list this year? (an actual list or figuratively speaking, either one)
new IPhone
slippers
gift certificates to my favorite places
peace on earth
politicians who are honest and good
good health
happy and healthy children and grandchild

6. Insert your own random thought here.
I've had a hard week - not sure why. It is getting dark so very early. I've been really busy. I royally screwed up something at work on Monday. You know - a typical week.  Today, I sneaked off from work just a few minutes early (thank you!) to see my grandbaby. I hadn't seen her in a week and a half which is just about the longest I've gone without seeing her (I apologize to those of you who live long distances from your grandbabies). She and Mark were playing with stickers and money in his truck when I got to her house. She immediately said "lap" and "help" and "sticker" and "GRAN!" Oh my goodness, I held her close and smelled her hair and soaked in some love and the world tilted back into the right place. Pure bliss, folks. I can't help but wonder if that is how God feels when we choose to spend time with him?


No comments:

Post a Comment