Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

Yes . . .this is on my kitchen table . . .and yes, I have lots of different decorations in my house for all sorts of occasions. One of the young adults asked me if I had decorations for every holiday. I thought about it for a moment and replied, "for most of the major ones." I actually don't have any patriotic decorations (I might have a miniature flag hidden away and I'm sure I have some red, white and blue stuff somewhere).

I was looking on the internet today for Irish blessings and Irish prayers. The one that most of us have heard before is this one: "May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind be ever at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face and the rain fall softly on your fields. And until we meet again, May God hold you in the hollow of his hand.”

I also found this one that is called St. Patrick's breastplate:
Christ be with me,
be after me,
be before me,
and be at my right and left hand.
May everything I do be for Christ.

This one is good also:
May love and laughter light your days,
and warm your heart and home.
May good and faithful friends be yours,
wherever you may roam.
May peace and plenty bless your world
with joy that long endures.
May all life's passing seasons
bring the best to you and yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment